Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Of course it takes discipline but you can ALWAYS have the last word on the internet. How? Just don't read anything that comes after it! Duh?

Of course it takes discipline but you can ALWAYS have the last word on the internet. How? Just don't read anything that comes after it! Duh?

If ya don't read it or hear it then it simply does not exist for you. That's all the counts.  What you let into your life willingly will always have consequences. Why let crap in?  How do YOU benefit from that? Knock it off. Cut it out. Stop it! Just a suggestion! :)

Posted - November 24, 2016

Responses

A wise one. Thank you Rosie.
      November 24, 2016 9:36 AM MST

You're very welcome m'dear. It took me awhile to figure it out. One of the benefits of being old! Thank you for your reply SH! :)
      November 24, 2016 9:53 AM MST

You're welcome. :-)
      November 24, 2016 11:14 AM MST

• You made me smile... good thinking
      November 24, 2016 9:41 AM MST

Thank you sweetie. That is a very nice thing to know. I LOVE making people laugh/smile. It's one of my favoritest things! Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      November 24, 2016 9:54 AM MST

Denial is not discipline.

All you are admitting, Rosie, is the only way you can exercise discipline is to stick your head in a hole and pretend you don't see. That is hardly discipline.  It speaks volumes as to how the only way you CAN discipline yourself is not to look at all.

That is weak indeed, no?

And it lends to the idea that you are a total control freak.  The only way you can control all those nasty people who argue back is to shut them out and PRETEND you won something.  Very childish to me.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 24, 2016 4:49 PM MST
      November 24, 2016 9:56 AM MST

Thank you for your reply.
      November 26, 2016 5:43 AM MST

I have never seen the point in having the last word. And, the  person you don't respond to also thinks they had the last word. Maybe the last thing they said was 'you're right, Rosie, how could I doubt the  words of such a wise, wonderful human being'. But you'll never know because you are just focused on having the last  word. :) 
      November 24, 2016 4:53 PM MST