Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is your future kinda settled? Do you know where you'll be and what you'll be doing in the future or is it definitely unsettled and unknown?

Is your future kinda settled? Do you know where you'll be and what you'll be doing in the future or is it definitely unsettled and unknown?

Posted - November 25, 2016

Responses

I thought I did, but once again, I was wrong.  A good reminder for me to get my head out of the clouds and face what is actually happening.  I've been living on a boat floating down de nile for too long. A major reality check.  That straw that broke the camels back, dropped into my life. 
      November 25, 2016 3:04 AM MST

Sorry to hear that m'dear. We thought ours was settled too. Then about 6-1/2 years ago something completely unforeseen and cataclysmic occurred. Now? We don't really know but we definitely make the best of each day and hope whatever is ahead we can handle! We have each other which is a real blessing as you get older. Thank you for your reply Sunshine. Hope your Thanksgiving was thankful and peaceful. Happy Friday! :)
      November 25, 2016 3:17 AM MST

I'm so sorry I didn't know or hear anything about it. 
      November 25, 2016 6:38 AM MST

Stuff happens honey. You don't see it coming so it blindsides you. But you deal with it. What other choice is there? I do hope you're doing well and things are getting better for you Sunshine. ((hugs))
      November 25, 2016 7:00 AM MST

yep,slave to the dollar
      November 25, 2016 3:09 AM MST

Maybe you're gonna strike  it big johnny! Ya never know.  Over the next hill or around the next corner might be something that will completely change the course of your life for the better! So you won't have to be a slave to anything any more. What could it hurt? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      November 25, 2016 3:19 AM MST

ta rosie...wifey leaving & taking the kids would be cool

happy black friday
      November 25, 2016 3:26 AM MST

I sure hope you're teasing me jR because if you're not that makes me feel really sad. I can understand when folks grow apart. It happens. But I can't understand any parent wanting to be separated from his/her kids. You are joking right?  Anyway I NEVER go anywhere on Black Friday.Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I'll be dam*ed if I'm gonna turn it into a greed fest trying to elbow people out of the way so I can save a few bucks. Some folks get off on it and look forward to that more than Thanksgiving. I guess they're thankful for all the good deals they're gonna get. :( This post was edited by RosieG at November 26, 2016 5:47 AM MST
      November 25, 2016 3:33 AM MST

teasin rg...peace
      November 25, 2016 3:36 AM MST

:):):) Thanks. I feel much better now jR! :)
      November 25, 2016 3:41 AM MST

• It's settled, always wondering about the unknown. At this point I just want to finish a peaceful journey. Change is tough. 
      November 25, 2016 3:11 AM MST

I agree with thee. I have never been a fan of change unless I was one who caused it and wanted it. I hear ya loud and clear m'dear. Thank you for your reply Reks and Happy Friday! :)
      November 25, 2016 3:24 AM MST

• Thank you Rosie, all happy thoughts for your Holiday Season!
      November 25, 2016 3:27 AM MST

You're welcome Reks. Thank you and I hope the same for you and yours as well! :)
      November 25, 2016 3:28 AM MST

It's settled, I'll be planted in the ground peacefully doing nothing.
      November 25, 2016 8:45 PM MST

Don't know what happened to my previous reply CMI. It disappeared! Between now and then what happens? No cremation?  I guess remains can be planted  if you are cremated too. I think that's what Fidel Castro's wishes are. His ashes will be placed in box and buried in Cuba somewhere. More travel in your future? Maybe you'll end up in a perfect spot in Scotland perhaps and stay there for eternity and beyond. Thank you for your reply CMI! :)
      November 26, 2016 5:57 AM MST

Between now and then anything is possible.  That's one of the things that makes like interesting: You never know what surprises might be just days, hours or minutes away.
      November 26, 2016 8:55 AM MST

I don't know what kind of music you like, but this one is newer and kind of resonates with me. Maybe you too?

The chorus is:
    "But I was late for this, late for that, late for the love of my life
    And when I die alone, when I die alone, when I die I'll be on time."

I was thinking that's probably only all we can ever plan, but we don't all die on time, do we? Some are taken too early and some don't go, even when leaving would be far more merciful. We can plan all we want and it matters not. 

November 25, 2016 9:37 PM MST

I haven't heard the song but I will listen to it JA. When I saw "Cleopatra" in the title it took me back many years ago to a June Allyson movie...in which she sang a song about Cleopatra only she pronounced it CLEOPATURRA! I don't know your age so I don't know if you are familiar with June Allyson. She was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. Had an odd voice...distinctive..kinda crackly. She was married to the actor Dick Powell who was many years older than was.  But I digress. Very philosophical answer which is dead-on correct. You don't know from one minute to the next what lies ahead.  You can be in the wrong place at the wrong time and die from a stray bullet or a drunk driver
    or a freeway sniper or some other unforeseen random act or Mother Nature. So it's best to enjoy each moment and be present in it. It could be your last! Ya never know! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday.  I trust you're still working on my problems. I'm still having them. I don't know if there is such a thing as a problem-free life. T'would be nice if there were! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 26, 2016 2:02 AM MST
      November 26, 2016 2:01 AM MST

Yes, ma'am. Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work." This is about how your glitch fixes are going. I now know several things that are not causing them. 

I found Jane, though. Good stuff. 
      November 26, 2016 12:02 PM MST