Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How much of pretty/beautiful/handsome/good looking is due to plastic surgery? How much is real, how much is fake? Do you care? Because?

How much of pretty/beautiful/handsome/good looking is due to plastic surgery? How much is real, how much is fake? Do you care? Because?

Posted - November 26, 2016

Responses

Hello Rosie:

Apparently, LOTS of people think she looks better AFTER.  I'm NOT one of 'em.

excon
      November 26, 2016 8:17 AM MST

Why would she pay to look like THAT?
      November 26, 2016 8:33 AM MST

• I don't think so. She ruined her looks. 
      November 28, 2016 5:11 AM MST

• In Australia, I believe many women have breast reductions and quite a few have implants. I doubt if I could tell the difference unless they were topless at the beach. The reductions I can understand because it's mostly about physical comfort and convenience.
    About 90 minutes drive from here is the Gold Coast City - apparently the capital of plastic surgery in our country - so there must be enough clients to keep them in business.
    But in my area of the Northern Rivers (Bellingen to Tweed,) most people would be ashamed to go near a plastic surgeon. For both the conservative farmers and the way-out hippies, the idea of not being natural is anathema.
      November 26, 2016 8:52 PM MST

It's all about the Hamiltons baby....;-D...

November 26, 2016 10:09 PM MST

Whoa! That is mind-blowing OS! Shocking.  Did you build this yourself or is it available as-is somewhere on the internet? I wonder how these dames feel about the before and after pictures?  Many mahalos for your reply and especially the graphic. I am speechless. Well, as speechless as is possible for me to be. Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      November 27, 2016 3:04 AM MST

@RosieG -- Someone e-mailed me something many years ago which included this montage photograph. As I recall, it had something to do with one of those "Makeover" TV shows which were popular at the time.

November 27, 2016 11:14 AM MST

It's amazing. How did you find it? How do you categorize things and remember where to look for what and how long ago? Mahalo for your reply OS! :)
      November 28, 2016 5:07 AM MST

Oh my. They should just be nice to them.
      November 28, 2016 5:19 AM MST