Active Now

DannyPetti
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Two great-looking people get married and have kids. The kids are homely. They get plastic surgery too. And so on. Good/not so hot?

Two great-looking people get married and have kids. The kids are homely. They get plastic surgery too. And so on. Good/not so hot?

Plastic surgery only works on the outside.  It does NOTHING to the DNA. So people get remade into someone far more attractive/appealing than they really are. How harmful is it for the children who see how good-looking their parents are and how plain they are? Do people ever think about those consequences? How do you emphasize the importance of character when the focus is on the wrapping/packaging?

Posted - November 27, 2016

Responses

My father was never good looking, but my mother didn't marry him for looks or money. We kids all turned out being fairly attractive. There was a friend of my sisters' in the neighborhood who had many plastic surgeries. She had been born with half of her facial skin never developed, I guess. Looked like a severe burn scar. By the time she was a teen, she was not so bad looking. 
      November 27, 2016 4:52 AM MST

I think plastic surgery is a godsend bh. For those who were in terrible accidents or were deformed at birth. They give people back their lives. A few months ago Jim and I were walking somewhere and a lady was walking toward us with no nose. We surmised that since she had a large bandage where a nose would be and it was very flat. She'll probably have plastic surgery. We tried not to stare. We didn't want to be rude. I know of some woman who has had so many surgeries that she is now deformed. She wanted to look like a tiger. I'm not kidding you. So you can imagine what she looked like in the last picture I saw of her. Here's what I wonder. What kind of plastic surgeon would agree to do that? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 27, 2016 5:14 AM MST

Oh my! A tiger-lady. Another girl from my old neighborhood is the self-proclaimed 'living Barbie doll', better known as Cindy Keepers Jackson, who claims she has the Guiness Book of World's Records for the most plastic surgeries. However, As a teen who rode the school bus with her every day, I will tell you she was a cutie before she ever had any plastic surgery. (Google Cindy Jackson to read more)
      November 27, 2016 5:56 AM MST

I think it's that they have a badly distorted image of themselves. Remember Karen Carpenter? When she looked in the mirror all she saw was a fat girl. She died of anorexia. Very sad. Same thing happened to Michael Jackson. At one point when he made "Thriller" I thought he was quite handsome. But he kept on with the plastic surgeries and pretty much disfigured his nose. I guess he just saw one that was very big and kept trying to make it better looking. Remember the gal in Dirty Dancing? I thought she had a nice face. She had a nose job after the movie and no longer looked like herself. She did say that she regretted it. When she looked in the mirror all she saw was a stranger there. I wonder what causes that bh? Maybe it stems from a criticism from someone? You know maybe someone said "you're too fat" to Karen when she was young and she kept seeing that? I will Google Cindy. I cannot imagine anyone being proud of having the record for the most plastic surgeries though. Can you? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)                                                                             
      November 27, 2016 6:11 AM MST