Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Communication » What's pointless to you could be pointmore to others. True?

What's pointless to you could be pointmore to others. True?

Do you listen to other points of view with an open mind or are you always certain that your view is the best and only one? Do you listen with hostility rather than inquisitively? Have you ever changed your view after listening to someone who didn't agree with you?  Because it made more sense, right?

Posted - November 30, 2016

Responses

• I'm  a very fair person, so of course I listen fairly. I have infrequently changed my view, after hearing certain factors. This doesn't happen often, though. It made more sense, yes.
      November 30, 2016 7:25 AM MST

If you can be fair and have an open mind I applaud you. Seriously. There are some or maybe many folks whose views are so entrenched they never hear you or listen to you. Their minds are already made up and there is no wiggle-room possibility for any new thoughts to filter through. Thank you for your answer JimmyC! :) I go by what makes sense to me. Sometimes what someone says makes MORE sense to me so of course I'm gonna change my mind. If you don't listen you will never know if there is something better out there for you! :)
      November 30, 2016 7:33 AM MST

• Generally yes.  But when people dictate and talk at me instead  of to me I generally become dismissive to what they are saying and ignore it.  I have little interest in and place little value on the views of of ideologues and those who aren't willing to listen themselves. 
      November 30, 2016 8:42 AM MST