Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Is your computer not very nice and a piece of junk?

Is your computer not very nice and a piece of junk?

Posted - December 1, 2016

Responses

• My computer is pretty much not very nice and a piece of junk.
      December 1, 2016 6:14 PM MST

I think you need to be more nice. Hope this helps:

Nice..nice..nice..nice..nice..nice
    nice..nice..nice..nice..nice..nice

If you should become obsessive with the use of "nice", subsequent "nice's" can be purchased at a discount price. Standard warranty applies.  
      December 1, 2016 8:04 PM MST

OH MY
      December 1, 2016 8:08 PM MST

Huffs!!!!  Not even a freaking thank you for being so nice!!!!!

Takes back all "nice's" gifted to you and will gift them to someone nicer and not so boring. The offer of further "nice" purchases at a discount rate has been rescinded. 

December 2, 2016 4:55 AM MST

You mean "thank they*".

(*The use of the word "you" on this site is not allowed and viewed as a "personal attack".)
      December 2, 2016 5:12 AM MST

Thank you for such a nice compliment. This post was edited by ProblemCh1ld at December 25, 2016 11:23 AM MST
      December 2, 2016 4:56 AM MST

I've wanted to do that so many times. 
      December 2, 2016 4:57 AM MST

A gentle one off a steep slope ;0
      December 2, 2016 8:05 PM MST

• I had one that was like that. It wasn't cheap but it was a real lemon. I persevered for about a year then took it out into the yard, belted it in the motherboard with a mattock, and threw it in the trash can. Then I went out and bought another. We're very happy together.

I now live in a menage a trois with my wife and my laptop. :)
      December 1, 2016 10:28 PM MST

• It better not be a piece of junk. I paid about $1,000 for it. I love that laptop.
      December 1, 2016 10:35 PM MST

• I try and avoid Apple products.
      December 2, 2016 3:06 AM MST

December 2, 2016 3:09 AM MST

• lol..  Yeah I saw you post that before.  Mildly funny, but those flash animation CGV videos are pretty lame in general.

Apple sucks.  I don't care what you say.  They  have a crappy looking childish GUI, the OS is annoying as vuck and treats the user like an ignorant child, they thrive on planned obsolescence, they always want to have inferior proprietary chargers and l cables, and their hardware is an overpriced ripoff.  There software and services aren't even that special.  I honestly can't see what Apple does better other than get people to spend more.

The main reason though,  the rip-off price of hardware and their "updates" to make your hardware slow down so buy more of their overpriced crap.  Steve Jobs wasn't a visionary,  he was a master snake oil salesmen and rip-off artist. It's a scummy company IMHO. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 25, 2016 11:24 AM MST
      December 2, 2016 3:19 AM MST

@Glis -- I have an iPhone 6s. It's a pretty good phone.

Recently, I helped an acquaintance get her Android-based phone to talk to a WiFi router. The functionality was sufficiently similar to iPhone that I had no trouble figuring it out.

I kind of get your annoyance with Apple. I have a similar (though less intense) dislike of Harley-Davidson, which seems to make motorcycles nearly as good as their competitors for a 20% price premium.

Howver, for the vast majority of people who don't understand the fundamental technical issues, it scarcely matters.
      December 2, 2016 10:06 AM MST

• I'm not even talking about phones though.   I'm talking about real hardware, not toys.   Yet I see your point.
    Android and IOS are pretty similar.  Though I find Android slightly easier in some regards on tablets.  Really though it's a wash with the mobile platforms. They are both  silly and basically suck.  But when it comes to laptops and desktops?  PC on a dual boot all the way.

I like H-D's though I'd be damned if I pay what they are trying to charge nowadays.  You are spot on they charge way too much for them.   Screw that, it isn't even that I like H-D all that much, I like OLD H-D's and old Limey motors. Old UJM's even.   I'd take an old Ariel Square-Four over a new H-D any day.
      December 2, 2016 11:35 AM MST

•   December 2, 2016 7:30 AM MST

• I think you and I will get along just fine ;)
      December 2, 2016 7:28 AM MST

• I rebuild and update the components on my ASUS about once a year to keep it like brand new. I think ASUS is a great brand and I love building them. It's a great PC with a 32" monitor. Very happy with it !
      December 2, 2016 7:20 AM MST

• my computer  is like my  air- conditioner , it breaks down / overheats  when i open windows    ;-)

December 2, 2016 7:27 AM MST

• Aw, you just need a better brand !
      December 2, 2016 7:34 AM MST

Nope. My computer's great. It's a gaming PC. 
      December 2, 2016 8:50 AM MST

As long as I am nice to my computer, it is nice to me.
      December 2, 2016 11:22 AM MST

The honeymoon period never lasts, whether u's nice or not nice. Sorry to burst yous nice bubble. 
      December 2, 2016 8:07 PM MST

We're going to celebrate our 6th anniversary this month.
      December 3, 2016 2:29 AM MST