Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are YOU a lightweight or a heavyweight? I'm not talking about body weight. I'm talking about substantive rather than superficial. Well?

Are YOU a lightweight or a heavyweight? I'm not talking about body weight. I'm talking about substantive rather than superficial. Well?

Posted - December 2, 2016

Responses

• Believe it or not, I am a bit of a lightweight in real life.. I tend to be the one who always jokes and makes people smile, I honestly cannot stop being lighthearted.. even in my serious course I am doing I play the clown, I like to make others happy.. lol most would never guess that considering my utter loathing, which has not lessened one bit, of Trump and my fondness for discussing serious issues.. I think I see it as two parts of me.. light funny in real and i need the serious side that can debate, for balance
      December 2, 2016 12:52 PM MST

Lighthearted is not lightweight my friend. Lighthearted folks are delightful to have around. They cheer you up when you need it and that is no small thing. I can be lighthearted but more often I'm the serious one..the worried one..the furious one! I don't think I'm superficial but I don't know if we are the best judge of ourselves. Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful answer. You are not shy about opening up which is how folks get to know you. There are people with whom I've had very cordial chats for years about whom I know absolutely nothing except that their answers are always polite and often informative/helpful. Happy Saturday DdbTD! :) Anytime you want to bring lighthearted with you please do! That will always be welcome! :) ((hugs))
      December 3, 2016 1:23 AM MST

• Heavyweight, I'm just a bit on the short side too.
      December 2, 2016 12:54 PM MST

•   December 2, 2016 1:51 PM MST

• Thank you
      December 3, 2016 4:40 AM MST

• welcome
      December 3, 2016 12:52 PM MST

You mean petite don't you Lucia? I'm 5' 6" which was tall long ago when I was a girl. But I think people are getting bigger/taller. My mom was 5' 4" and she was the tall one when she was a girl! You're also very witty which I enjoy a lot.I'm sure others do as well. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) ((hugs))
      December 3, 2016 1:25 AM MST

• (5ft 4, Rosie. I'm tall for my height)
    Thank you, yes petite. Sounds much better than 'shortarse'. And thank you for the compliment :)
      December 3, 2016 4:39 AM MST

Geez m'dear you made me laugh. I've never heard "shortarse". Also "you're tall for your height"? I'm trying to understand that. I'll keep working on it. D'ya mean you look taller than you actually are or something else? "Shortarse" kinda sounds like something a Cockney would say. Thanks for the giggles Lucia! Laughing is so much nicer than crying isn't it? :):):)
      December 3, 2016 4:50 AM MST

• Yer welcome, luv (got a bit British on you there again). 
    My best friend when I was a teenager was 5ft tall (it was so nice to tower over someone). My then boyfriend was 6ft 3. I don't know why he said it but he did, that she was tall for her height. I think he meant her personality was too big for her size, but I've always remembered it and take solace in it too.

And damnn straight about the crying, Rosie. Have a lovely, smiley day.
      December 3, 2016 4:59 AM MST

• Tall for your height . . . Good one!
      December 3, 2016 5:01 PM MST

• I hope you remember that )
      December 3, 2016 11:13 PM MST

• I am *sob* the invisible man. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 3, 2016 1:25 AM MST
      December 2, 2016 12:59 PM MST

How can that be when I can clearly see thee? There are  two of you? Thank you for your reply Didge and Happy Saturday! :)
      December 3, 2016 1:26 AM MST

• I'm an optical illusion. :)
      December 3, 2016 11:56 AM MST

A hologram perhaps? Happy Thursday Didge! :)
      December 8, 2016 4:49 AM MST

king of the heavyweights
      December 2, 2016 9:21 PM MST

Your replies tend to be  brief.  I don't think we've ever engaged in any lengthy conversation. Maybe one day we can do that. Thank you for your response johnnyRingo and Happy Saturday! :)
      December 3, 2016 1:28 AM MST

Um...let's see what the pictures reveal...;-D...

December 2, 2016 9:35 PM MST

You're the woo hoo kid then or the dark knight? Mahalo for your reply and the cute cat graphic OS and Happy Saturday! :)
      December 3, 2016 1:28 AM MST

I think I look more like the cat on the right...;-D...
      December 3, 2016 2:07 AM MST

The woo hoo cutie? I can see that! :)
      December 3, 2016 2:33 AM MST