Discussion » Questions » Games » I think when you play any game you should at least have a chance that you can win. If you always got creamed would you keep playing? Why?

I think when you play any game you should at least have a chance that you can win. If you always got creamed would you keep playing? Why?

Posted - December 3, 2016

Responses

If your determined to get better and learn the game you have to, a good example of poor sportsmanship is the Democratic party, they are still crying over their loss .
      December 3, 2016 12:18 PM MST

I believe that scientific evidence on this subject indicates that you need at least a one in five chance of success or you will just give up.

I used to beat my brother at chess more often than this; it usually ended in tears.

This post was edited by Malizz at December 12, 2016 8:04 AM MST
      December 12, 2016 5:36 AM MST

Really? There is an actual statistic on that? How nifty! Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Monday m'dear. Well my personal experience with that was that my son and I used to play Scrabble all the time. At first I always won. Then he started winning. Then I stopped winning completely so I lost interest. He was 12 at the time! To be fair he is a lot smarter than I am and of course that's what parents, want right? For their kids to do better and be better than they are! But you should have seen those scores. His were great. Mine were embarrassing! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 12, 2016 8:18 AM MST
      December 12, 2016 8:13 AM MST