Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you so old that even failure won't pay attention to you anymore?

Are you so old that even failure won't pay attention to you anymore?

Posted - December 3, 2016

Responses

That looks like a good design for a tattoo. Your question reminds me of something Mr Bromide might ask. lol. As for me, in my 30's, it (failure, not the grim reaper) pays me a visit quite regularly. 
      December 3, 2016 9:53 PM MST

• Not sure.
    Maybe old enough that if I fail it doesn't matter.
      December 4, 2016 12:13 AM MST

• I'm so old I was here when the Big Bang went BOOM!

Love the picture. Looks just like a good friend of mine. He rides his Harley down my street from time to time and gives me a friendly wave. He's even taken me for a ride a couple of times but, so far, has always brought me back. Here's a selfie I took last time we went for a spin.
      December 4, 2016 12:53 AM MST

• Um no - I am not sure that I buy that - I think everyone is important.. I know a lot of youngsters don't value older people now but it wasnt always that way. We can all learn a lot by listening to older people.. they have generally seen more, done more and know more :)
      December 4, 2016 2:14 AM MST

Apologies to thee but I don't understand the question. You try and either succeed or fail. Sometimes it's a draw. Sometimes like PET you keep failing, screwing up royally , doing or saying precisely the worst thing possible and insist you are winning so there is no such thing as failure or being wrong. I'm 79. I don't think that is "so old".  I plan to live to my triple digits so check back with me then when I'm 110 and I'll letcha know! Happy Sunday to thee B! :)
      December 4, 2016 3:20 AM MST

Sweetie, I'm so old that there is nothing left to fail at.
      December 4, 2016 5:25 AM MST

You never get old, just more 'experienced'. 
      December 4, 2016 8:12 AM MST

• I've worked in aged care for a few years and seen several hundred examples of what it means to be old.
      December 4, 2016 3:55 PM MST

Nope. My relationship with failure is still going strong.
      December 5, 2016 1:26 AM MST