Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How do two people ever stay together?

How do two people ever stay together?

Posted - December 4, 2016

Responses

• The power of love is so very strong. Can be such a tight, tight bond, this I know. I'm not speaking of my current situation, but I do know, from experience. Some people love so strongly, there's just no letting go. If the pair gets along well, there's even more reason to not part. Though staying together happens less than divorce, it does happen. If each is kept happy, then I guess that's more than enough.

Image result for couples kissing and hugging gif
      December 4, 2016 7:47 PM MST

• Well, thank you, Winged!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8HOfcYWZoo
      December 4, 2016 9:12 PM MST

• Oh wow. You're  welcome! My pleasure. :)
      December 4, 2016 10:20 PM MST

• Why should they not? It takes determination. And it takes love. But I guess the big thing is that both parties WANT to make it work and are willing to put in the effort.

I remember seeing a pretty blonde across the floor at a 1957 Christmas dance. It took three months before I could get her to notice me back but, right now, she's sitting across the room from me reading a book. It works.

BTW love your user name. How did you come up with it?
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 4, 2016 8:02 PM MST
      December 4, 2016 7:49 PM MST

December 4, 2016 7:57 PM MST

• Who knows :) liking the same restaurants and Televison programming helps ...And good sex :)
      December 4, 2016 8:03 PM MST

Commitment, respect, communication, and love. It is about being selfless and being selfish when either is needed. I takes still loving them and supporting them even when you are extremely mad at them. It takes knowing that even though things might be tough, they won't always be. It is about being a team.
      December 4, 2016 8:24 PM MST

• I don't think I've ever seen it summed up better than those four words.
      December 4, 2016 8:25 PM MST

Dear Lovely Warped:

Tell me about it.  (as in I hear you, sista)
      December 4, 2016 8:29 PM MST

Few alternatives?
      December 4, 2016 9:34 PM MST

They choose to.  They make the decision to spend the rest of their lives together.  There is nothing magic about it and it is not all Disney World either.  But that is commitment.  No need to go to counseling or read books.  It is a decision.  Sadly not everyone can do it. 
      December 4, 2016 11:17 PM MST

Compatibility, tolerance, respect and a little bit of love. My parents remained together for 20 years due to that. This post was edited by Oscar Wao at December 5, 2016 11:31 AM MST
      December 5, 2016 1:29 AM MST