Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Two questions from a newbie: profile and text input

Two questions from a newbie: profile and text input

1. When I signed up I was asked to provide personal information for my profile page. I added a little but this doesn't appear anywhere. (I logged in anonymously without signing in to see if it appeared different to other people but still didn't find it.) Is this a site glitch or does the information appear somewhere else?

2. When submitting text the default font appears to be 8 point Andale Mono. Is there any way to change the default to, say, 12 point Trebuchet MS so that it doesn't have to be changed manually for every comment?

Posted - December 4, 2016

Responses

There are no newbies here.  You are a Mugger.  Period.  Now, put that question to Just Asking and you are all set.  I hope you selected Answer Mug as your selection and she will tell you.   I am not very good with glitches.
      December 4, 2016 9:01 PM MST

• Indeed I did. I thank you for accepting me as a Mugger (great term, by the way) but just at this moment I feel more liked a *sigh* muggins. :(
      December 4, 2016 9:03 PM MST

On the font thing, no. There's no way to change it for all of your comments and have it stay that way. We're uniform by default to make it easier for people to follow along. 

On your profile, you have a red tab that says "Activity" and next to it, you should see the word "More+." That's where all your profile goodies hang out- the info you shared, your question list, etc... all there in a list. 
      December 4, 2016 10:11 PM MST

• Thanks for that. When answering a question it's often apropos to know a little about the person asking -- well, at least as much as they choose to share.

The site's very straightforward but there are one or two little things I'm still learning. Again, thanks.
      December 4, 2016 10:18 PM MST

I know what you mean. :)

The site is probably always going to be a work in progress. I find it helpful to know what people struggle with so I can make changes if need be. The tabs were chosen mostly for ease because the site is the same on mobile and desktop, but they're not intuitive for our desktop users. I actually just did away with them on the homepage last week and I may keep moving that stuff around. I should probably do the profile pages as well- or at least list out the tabs for simplicity. We shall see. Feel free to use the Feedback tab if you have suggestions for improvements. We have a list of things we're working on, so you may not see ideas implemented right away, but I do bump things up on the list when it becomes apparent that there's greater need for something. 
      December 4, 2016 11:54 PM MST

• OK, and thanks.
      December 5, 2016 12:49 AM MST