Discussion » Questions » Family » Are Jakey Smith and Wolfie Smith brothers? They look uncannily alike and have the same mannerisms.
Bez

Are Jakey Smith and Wolfie Smith brothers? They look uncannily alike and have the same mannerisms.

Jakey Smith

Wolfie Smith

Posted - December 6, 2016

Responses

• I know who Wolfie Smith is.   He's the guy from that old show Citizen Smith.  Jakey Smith I never heard of. Is he related to Sammy Smith of oatmeal stout fame?  Either way  they don't really look  alike  in these photos even a tad bit.
      December 6, 2016 5:33 PM MST

Jakey Smith was a character in the RAF comedy "Get Some In" (which I have recently bought on DVD). It was on TV shortly before "Citizen Smith" (which I bought on DVD in 2005). I don't know who Sammy Smith of oatmeal stout is, I've never heard of that. However, in reality Jakey Smith and Wolfie Smith are the same person, both characters were played by Robert Lindsay. If you get the chance to watch "Get Some In" you will soon see the similarities between the two characters. I posted this question (part jokingly) to test other people's memories of old TV comedies. Lol:)
      December 7, 2016 11:53 AM MST

• Likely was never on over here then.   Citizen Smith was on PBS over here back in the day with Are You Being Served?
    I'll have to check it out.

Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout?   It's fantastic.

Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout | If I could only pick one all t ...
      December 7, 2016 12:00 PM MST

Oh, the drink? Sorry, I thought you were talking about an obscure actor from an obscure TV programme. Lol:)
      December 7, 2016 12:02 PM MST