Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Some seem to value words more than lives. Can you explain why that is?

Some seem to value words more than lives. Can you explain why that is?

Posted - December 7, 2016

Responses

• If you think that's what I was saying then you completely missed the context of what I was saying.

False conclusion.
      December 7, 2016 10:42 AM MST

Apologies to you but I do not remember who said what Glis. I talk to a lot of people every day. Someone quoted something to the effect that whether he/she agreed with what was being said, he/she WOULD DEFEND TO THE DEATH a person's right to say it. I think that's silly. I think it's another one of those fancy dancy sounding things that people embrace without thinking. I mean would you give your life for someone's right to say you suck? Or I suck? Of course not. That is exactly what those words mean precisely. DEFEND TO THE DEATH. You are willing to die to protect someone right to say certain words. If it were you or not you is irrelevant. I think it's a silly saying and anyone who takes it seriously does not value life. If you are offended that is never my intention. I say what I think. I ask questions that occur to me. That's it. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at December 7, 2016 12:11 PM MST
      December 7, 2016 12:10 PM MST

Nope
      December 7, 2016 3:17 PM MST