Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Some storylines are haunting/memorable. Movies/books/plays/TV shows. Which ones are/were unforgettable for you? Why?

Some storylines are haunting/memorable. Movies/books/plays/TV shows. Which ones are/were unforgettable for you? Why?

Posted - December 10, 2016

Responses

'World's Fastest Indian'  Stars Sir Anthony Hopkins. He says it was his favorite role. It is a true story about an old guy who spends his life pursuing the land speed record for motorcycles. This is an inspiring movie. 
      December 10, 2016 7:55 AM MST

I like Anthony Hopkins a lot and I have never heard of this movie. How sad is that? I shall look for it bh. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! I generally LOVE true stories! :)
      December 10, 2016 10:32 AM MST

I won't reveal anything else about the movie, I think you can watch it for free somewhere on the web. Of course, I have my own copy. 
      December 10, 2016 10:52 AM MST

Thanks bh! :)
      December 10, 2016 11:12 AM MST

I tend to find storylines from real life are more meaningful to me than fictional narratives.

Two that stick with me as amazing testaments to the human spirit are the Apollo 13 near-disaster and the trials the Shackelton expedition to the Antarctic endured.

December 10, 2016 10:43 AM MST

Us too OS. We LOVE movies about real people. The first thing I do the next day when I get on the internet is look up the person the movie was about and see how close to real life it was. Happily we find that most of them are pretty accurate.  You can't beat real life stories. Mahalo for your reply! :)
      December 10, 2016 11:14 AM MST