Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Some can be hynotized. Some cannot. The cannotters resist it and won't give up power to another. Is that also true of Brainwashing?

Some can be hynotized. Some cannot. The cannotters resist it and won't give up power to another. Is that also true of Brainwashing?

Are some more susceptible to being hypnotized/brainwashed than others? I am among those who can't be hypnotized. I was told it is because I will not give up power over myself to someone else. It exists on a subconscious level I guess because I really thought I wanted to be hypnotized just to see what it feels like. But it didn't work. I just don't have the right stuff to be hypnotized. I wonder if that would also apply to brainwashing?

Posted - December 11, 2016

Responses

Try taking the 'free personality test' that the storefront Scientology people offer. It will give you an idea how subtly a brainwashing technique can begin -only that their procedure is not really all that subtle. 
      December 11, 2016 4:44 AM MST

Have you been watching Leah Remini's new TV series about her tribulations with Scientology? We're recording the shows and it's so interesting if simultaneously creepy and unbelievable. From some of the stories we've heard so far it amazes me that people can be that stupid to turn over their lives to a cult, remove themselves from their families and willingly go along with a "religion" that a science fiction author created! It boggles the mind that people can believe so fervently in something that is so evil and patently ridiculous! Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      December 11, 2016 4:55 AM MST

I have seen some documentaries about Scientology.  I did do their personality test one time and found out that I was in such bad shape that I better hurry and start taking one of their courses before I commit suicide. 
      December 11, 2016 5:01 AM MST

Geez Kg. Good thing you have a mind that works logically and thinks clearly. I cannot believe how many people are susceptible/gullible to the bullsh** involved in that cult. From what I've heard it is evil and those who think it isn't simply are unable to see what's there. Very sad. :( This post was edited by RosieG at December 11, 2016 5:10 AM MST
      December 11, 2016 5:09 AM MST