Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Does anyone actually use Bing or is it the Vimeo of search engines? If you do use Bing can you give me any reason why?

Does anyone actually use Bing or is it the Vimeo of search engines? If you do use Bing can you give me any reason why?

I mean come on?   What good is a search engine if it doesn't give honest searches and gives priority to it's parent company?

Posted - December 12, 2016

Responses

• Very rarely if ever do I use it. Usually only when I'm on Skype as it promotes Bing and you can't search anything else but with Bing. Another Microsoft rip-off. Kind of like what Ask.com turned into. Just a cheesy search engine.
      December 12, 2016 12:21 PM MST

• I haven't used Skype in a longtime and got rid of it from my computer.  Never really enjoyed video calls that much since i find it makes conversation harder when it starts lagging.  the reason I said enough with Skype though was I got sick of how much spam is allowed on Skype and got sick of getting messages from scriptkiddies trying to send maleware over it to my Skype account.  I don't think Skype takes enough responsibility to be honest.  Oh and I didn't much appreciate how much bloat they packaged in their download and updates.
      December 12, 2016 12:36 PM MST

• I agree but I never use the video chat anyway. I use it mainly for business with Slitherine when I'm testing their games. Hasn't been the same since Microsoft took it completely over.
      December 12, 2016 2:39 PM MST

• Bing is my default because I like the word "bing". 
      December 12, 2016 12:50 PM MST

• Honestly that's the most solid reason I can think of for using Bing.
      December 12, 2016 1:17 PM MST

• Rarely. Why go for the second best when you have Google?
      December 12, 2016 6:59 PM MST

(its parent company)

I seldom use Bing, but when I have done so, it was to broaden the variety of images available to me. Like I said, it didn't happen very often, largely because it didn't live up to expectations. 

~

December 16, 2016 12:41 AM MST