Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Big bulb old fashioned Christmas lights or tiny LED Christmas lights?

Big bulb old fashioned Christmas lights or tiny LED Christmas lights?

Posted - December 14, 2016

Responses

Outside of Louisiana ****** houses I prefer LEDs. This post was edited by my2cents at December 14, 2016 10:35 PM MST
      December 14, 2016 8:16 PM MST

I think they are all pretty but am partial  to the small ones that have prevalent for the last ten years or so.  My neighbor has little round colored lights on an outside tree.  I've never seen them before and they really look like bubble gum from a machine.  They are very pretty.  I probably don't know what you are talking about LED lights for Christmas.  I haven't decorated for Christmas in quite a few years.  I thought I might this year but not doing it again.  I have a nativity I always have out at Christmas though.
      December 14, 2016 8:16 PM MST

On my prelit tree ...small bulbs.
    Outside we have the projector lights. Just plug it in and it shoots the moving lights on to the house. (Not the Star Shower but a different one that is multiple colored)  And another one that shoots stars that rotate on the house. Very easy---nobody has to climb the ladder and hang the lights. 
      December 14, 2016 9:04 PM MST

• Big bulbs all the way.  C7's, C9's, and G40 globes.

Hate the LED ones.   They look like something that belongs in a strip club.
      December 14, 2016 9:18 PM MST

• Small non-LEDs are my preference for the tree, C9s for outside. I hate LED Christmas lights. They aren't warm, for one thing. The blues and greens are always much much brighter than the reds and yellows and thus when you see a house with LED lights, it looks icy cold and ark with blue light standing out the most. LEDs also give off no light; there's no "warm glow" that the incandescent ones have. At our we house, we use all incandescent :) Screw the energy bill ;)
      December 14, 2016 10:49 PM MST

• I agree with that.   They have that flicker to since they are flashing on and off really fast because of AC current and LED being one way gates.
      December 14, 2016 11:05 PM MST

Yes
      December 14, 2016 11:06 PM MST