Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Thebigd
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is it wrong to re-buy a toy from your childhood? Or should you just look at pictures on the internet and save your money?

Is it wrong to re-buy a toy from your childhood? Or should you just look at pictures on the internet and save your money?

###

Posted - December 17, 2016

Responses

Hello Mr:

I would buy a Lionel Train set.  I might even play with it.

excon
      December 17, 2016 8:44 AM MST

That could also fall under "hobbies", IF you actually work on it. Some people just buy stuff and put it in the corner.
      December 17, 2016 9:42 AM MST

As I get older, I am becoming less and less attached to material objects, even for sentimental reasons (perhaps especially for sentimental reasons).

My prediction is, in general, you will have more fun looking a pictures and reminiscing about how much fun you used to have with your childhood toys then you will actually purchasing said toys and trying to recreate your childhood experience.
      December 17, 2016 8:47 AM MST

I agree. Cleaning out dead relatives houses also makes you realize having too much stuff isn't worth it.

That is one of the good things about the internet. Pretty much any memory has been archived by someone else.

I try to give at least a bag of stuff away when one of the "charity organizations" call. I don't know what they do with it. I figure their business model is that if they get 10% of usable stuff they come out ahead. Of course, now that I'm on "the list", I get too many calling and I don't always have stuff to give away.
      December 17, 2016 9:41 AM MST

Wrong?  Is a child going to go hungry if you do?  Nah.  Your money is yours to spend as you wish.  
      December 17, 2016 11:54 AM MST

No. As long as you are buying it and not stealing it. Or stealing the money to buy it. There is nothing wrong at all.
      December 18, 2016 1:07 PM MST