Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What set of values does have an importance for you?

What set of values does have an importance for you?

Do you live by them yourself? Or, do they only apply to others? All of them, or only some? Why?

Posted - December 19, 2016

Responses

Integrity.  My word matters. 
      December 19, 2016 6:51 AM MST

I agree on integrity. Question is how we define integrity. I think we will find many variations of it by just asking inside here. I have also seen misinterpreted ways of what's integrity.

I believe it isn't enough as a stand alone, but you did also include your word matters. Does your word matter more than others, and is it part of your own integrity?

Thanks taking part, Sharonna. :-)
      December 19, 2016 7:03 AM MST

No.  No variations.  When you speak you need to stand by your words.   That is integrity.  If you make a mistake?  Apologize.  Otherwise stand by your words.  There can be no mistake then.   If you start mincing that?  Then you start messing with the definition.   Other people's words matter.  I am not saying anything anti-other people.

I am saying that when I speak, I had better put my heart and soul where my mouth is.  That matters.  Not what you do about your words.  That does not mean I discount other people.  It means I don't talk about you behind your back, I don't lie and I don't put myself over anyone, actually.

Integrity means whole foundation of a thing, in this example it means I am responsible for meaning what truth I am speaking.   People find they can trust me.  Of that I am most proud.  I am proud of little else about me.  But that? I feel good about. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 19, 2016 7:09 AM MST
      December 19, 2016 7:06 AM MST

Thank you Sharonna. :-)
      December 19, 2016 7:08 AM MST

Be kind whenever possible; it is always possible. (A quote from the Dalai Lama).
      December 19, 2016 8:01 AM MST

Mhmm. True that. At times it is a challenge staying kind. Meh. :-/
      December 19, 2016 9:24 AM MST

• Honesty
    Integrity
    Resourcefulness
    Minding ones own business
    Loyalty to those loyal to you

I try to live by them, but  like anyone I fail at times. I hold myself to the same standard I expect from others but values to me are an ideal to strive for more than something that is absolute.
      December 19, 2016 9:17 AM MST

I believe in that striving for rather than an absolute. Thank you. All are great values to live by. :-)
      December 19, 2016 9:26 AM MST

I think for me the one set of values I have that my mom and taught me was treat others as you want to be treated! That has stuck with me all of my life!
      December 19, 2016 10:20 AM MST

Good one to love by. Not all have the ability to pay the same amount as they demand though, but by staying true to ourselves we might actually get over that too. 
      December 19, 2016 10:23 AM MST

• Honesty is huge to me. It's important to me in other people, and I am honest, myself, to a fault, really.
      December 19, 2016 8:55 PM MST

Good one. Some people tend to mistake honesty with the same as you cannot say no. To me honesty is also about setting boarders. Hmm. Thank you for taking part, Jimmy CC. :-)
      December 20, 2016 1:18 AM MST

• Thanks, and, you're welcome.
      December 20, 2016 10:26 PM MST