Discussion » Questions » Family » How do you deal with rude, objectionable family members who will be joining you for Christmas?

How do you deal with rude, objectionable family members who will be joining you for Christmas?

Posted - December 19, 2016

Responses

I have all the right stuff.  In my medicine cabinet, that is.    I have had a lot of practice.  I drank one year and I won't do that one again ever.  HAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.nexium24hr.com/us/purple-pill?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=yahoo_gemini&utm_campaign=Brand+-+Nexium+-+Top+-+Exact&utm_term=&utm_content=SK6CHAex_d|pcrid||pkw||pmt|&mkwid=SK6CHAex_d&pcrid=&pkw=&pmt=&channel=Search

Now I make sure I am CALM and nothing can phase me so I don't react because I feel good.  So, I will medicate my nerves without alcohol.  If I were more spiritually evolved?  *(maybe next year, we can only hope) I would meditate and do it the grownup way.  But I don't trust myself not to react and I need chemical insurance that I do not.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 19, 2016 12:02 PM MST
      December 19, 2016 12:00 PM MST

• I wouldn't and actually don't invite such people... I always have a very quiet christmas.. I don't see the point in inviting people who are not grateful.
      December 19, 2016 12:29 PM MST

But what about spouses?   What if a person you like is married to an objectionable person?  Do you not invite the spouse?!?!??
      December 19, 2016 3:43 PM MST

We live with it. They are family. And anyway we know them well enough to know how to hande. It is different for each
      December 19, 2016 12:29 PM MST

You're too kind.
      December 19, 2016 3:44 PM MST

• They aren't mutually exclusive.   The rude family members are the least objectionable and the objectionable family members are the nicest in my family.
      December 19, 2016 1:16 PM MST

• If it wasn't for them, family get together's would be boring.
      December 19, 2016 3:55 PM MST