Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What's the sweetest gift you've ever been given?

What's the sweetest gift you've ever been given?

Posted - December 21, 2016

Responses

The gift of love, eternal life, and salvation from Jesus my Lord and Savior. 
      December 21, 2016 12:51 PM MST

•        "See's Candies"

December 21, 2016 12:51 PM MST

The sweetest gift was given to me this year by my oldest grandson, for Christmas and my birthday.. He made me a black and pink charm to go on a chain.  Hubby is getting a gold chain to hang my charm on. 
    It's special because he made it himself.
    This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at December 21, 2016 1:46 PM MST
      December 21, 2016 12:52 PM MST

That is sweet. 
      December 21, 2016 1:00 PM MST

What can be sweeter than candy?
      December 21, 2016 1:19 PM MST

My grandson's gift to me!! 
      December 21, 2016 1:27 PM MST

Once two of my friends gave me a trip, for Christmas, to a ranch in the Davis Mountains, where we went horseback riding and then stargazing at the McDonald's Observatory. I was living in West Texas then. They were my guests at my house during the holidays, so after Christmas, they and other friends just took off to this ranch for about 3 days, rented cabins and enjoyed the mountains. It was the sweetest gift, but I have had other gifts of travel that were also amazing! 
      December 21, 2016 1:24 PM MST

• How can I compete with the stories already posted? I can't! But if it's all relative, mine was a bunch of flowers, mainly because it was so totally unexpected. I work in a college, admin/support and so i interact with students a lot - it's my job to keep everyone happy.. so one group were coming up to the end of their course... they asked me if i was going to the graduation... I said, well I don't usually, but as I am around that evening I think I will.. They asked me a couple of times if I was still going.. I thought it a bit odd but didn't think any more of it, I guessed they just thought I'd be there cos I have been with them throughout.. 

Anyway it came the night of the graduation, and some of them came looking for me... I thought again they assumed I should be there as I'd seen them twice a week every week of their course.. 

At the end they presented me, and a colleague with a bunch of flowers each.. my colleague expected them as she runs the course, it's her course... but I truly wasn't expecting anything!  And apparently that's never happened before.. that they present a dull old admin clerk with flowers - I was very touched and snivelled a bit in between thanking them :)  I thought that was very sweet of them :)
      December 21, 2016 1:55 PM MST

Unexpected gifts are the sweetest.  I worked for a drug/alcohol rehab center for almost 9 years. On the last day of my employment there I received a bunch of flowers, a card and a cup full of M&M's, my favorite candy. LOL It was an all male facility where I supervised many of the guys in the program. I'm not  sure who cried more, the guys or me when I walked out the door for the last time, but it sure felt good knowing they'd miss me as much as I was going to miss them. <3  :) This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at December 25, 2016 11:23 AM MST
      December 21, 2016 2:04 PM MST

It's hard to say which was the sweetest.  The kids made many gifts which I treasure.  They gave me an engraved Cross set when I finished school which I use regularly.  A friend in Europe sent me some very very old tapestries.  Beautiful.  I know what I going to do with them but not yet where I am going to  hang them.  My brother-in-law's mother gave me her piano when she went into assisted living.  She knew I missed mine.  That was really sweet and something I'll always treasure. 
      December 21, 2016 1:56 PM MST

• I don't know about 'sweetest', but the one that made the biggest impression on me was the bike I got when I was 7.  It was my favourite colour and shiny.

Unfortunately for various bits of me I rode it carelessly, and as a result some of the impressions made on me are permanent.  :)
      December 21, 2016 1:59 PM MST

My daughter gave me a photo album of her and my son as they grew up...without my ex in them. Best gift I have ever received.
      December 21, 2016 3:13 PM MST

• A Nelson study Bible. 
      December 22, 2016 6:18 AM MST