Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » Summer, a 5-month old Pennsylvania baby, died of starvation after her parents died of heroin overdoses. Jason Chambers/Chelsea Cardero. Sad?

Summer, a 5-month old Pennsylvania baby, died of starvation after her parents died of heroin overdoses. Jason Chambers/Chelsea Cardero. Sad?

I wonder how many kids  have  junkies for parents?

Posted - December 25, 2016

Responses

Hello Rosie:

Summer and her parents are VICTIMS of the drug war..  Maybe Donald Trump will finally END it.  The Filipino president, Rodrigo Durete is MURDERING drug users, and Trump said he LOVES it.. 

excon

This post was edited by excon at December 25, 2016 9:36 AM MST
      December 25, 2016 6:58 AM MST

Yeah. I read that. Another unfriggingly assinine thing to say. PET has gotten to be very good at a**hood. Just in time to be prez. Timing is everything!  :( Thank you for your reply excon! :)
      December 25, 2016 9:37 AM MST

Almost every day, another local person dies of a heroin overdose. The police all have been equipped with the antidote and they have had some success with it. I accuse all who promote or use any drugs or even alcohol as contributors to this problem. It all comes down to 'getting high'. Am I right? 
      December 25, 2016 9:20 AM MST

Parents are supposed to PROTECT their children, not kill them. Why do junkies have kids? Thank you for your reply bh!  :)
      December 25, 2016 9:38 AM MST

Hello BH:

Nahhh...  The drug war PREVENTS addicts from coming forward.  So, they remain underground, and firmly addicted.  You wouldn't come forward either if you thought you'd be arrested. 

If doctors prescribe the right amount of LEGAL opiods, the DEA will SHUT them down..  So, they STOP prescribing painkillers..  But, patients are STILL in pain, and heroin IS available and cheap.  That's, again, the fault of the drug war.. 

There's a lot of blame to go around, but the people who use mind altering substances LEGALLY and NEVER harm anybody are NOT to blame.

excon This post was edited by excon at December 26, 2016 3:32 AM MST
      December 25, 2016 9:34 AM MST

The drug war has been going on for many years, could it be that many of the people in government are also on drugs? wouldn't that explain why things are so out of whack? why not put sanctions on Mexico and other countries where it comes from?
      It might take someone like Trump to get serious about drugs, dead serious. 
      December 25, 2016 1:30 PM MST

Hello t:

Yeah, after 50 years of nice, maybe Trump will finally crack down...

Bwa, ha ha ha ha..

excon
      December 25, 2016 3:35 PM MST

There is so much money involved someone will have to get real tough on the suppliers , they are giving users a death sentence by selling to them, why not make it a federal crime punishable by death? they are ruining our society.
      December 26, 2016 1:58 PM MST

If there is money to be made PET will be first in line with his hands out to get some of it. I think he has the morals of a crazed diseased alley cat. He talks big but is very small. He doesn't give a rat's a** about anyone but himself. If he and his family and his wealthy swamp rat racist cronies can make a buck they will. Just Watch Them. Thank you for your reply TomT! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 26, 2016 3:01 AM MST
      December 26, 2016 3:00 AM MST

Children deserve so much better than to have drug addicts for parents.  This post was edited by Autumnleaves at December 26, 2016 8:51 AM MST
      December 25, 2016 10:37 PM MST

I agree. The lives of these children must be heartbreaking. Those who survive the "care" of their parents that is. Parents are supposed to guide and protect their children. Not murder them . Thank you for your reply Autumn!  :)
      December 26, 2016 3:03 AM MST

There was a movie, I think in the 90's called  Trainspotting.  It was a British import or Scottish but it was very, VERY good and gained a lot of acclaim here in the USA.  It was about junkies.  One of the most disturbing scenes in the movie was a depiction of exactly what you just described here.  Two junkies let a baby starve to death they were so out of it.  It was horrifying and worse than any horror film could possibly ever be.  Unimaginable. 

December 25, 2016 11:14 PM MST

I have heard of that movie m'dear but didn't really have a clue what it was about. Heartbreaking. I wonder how many real-life children have died under similar circumstances at the hands of their parents? I shall look for it. It is  undoubtedly very hard to watch. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee  RC! :)
      December 26, 2016 3:31 AM MST