Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » If all lives matter, why do we continue to justify the death of another human being?

If all lives matter, why do we continue to justify the death of another human being?

Are those people regarded as human? Is there a sense of cognitive dissonance in the mixed of this saying?

Posted - July 7, 2016

Responses

• Because the saying is as disingenuous as the people who say it.
      July 7, 2016 11:03 AM MDT

This is way too vague for me to answer with just some commentary.

If you are talking about a specific, say so.  Otherwise this goes all over the page with people coming back and forth with examples of why this is not so.

So, in general, people will use any excuse to defend their ignorance, especially when there is room for concern.

If a cop shoots a defensless black man?  That is hard to climb on board and defend.  But people do it.  They don't want to admit there are many MANY crooked cops who lie.   They want to keep their GUNS and they want police protection against anyone that tries to take their guns away.

I find it funny that the cops are shooting people now BECAUSE they have GUNS.  LOLOL

I love it.

July 7, 2016 11:06 AM MDT

• Agreed
      July 7, 2016 1:23 PM MDT

• I find if I simply say the word "black" people seem to become numb and I believe unconsciously regard people of africa descent as not human...so instead I said human. But you seem to have known what I was talking about.
      July 7, 2016 1:25 PM MDT