Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Urine Therapy, medically sound or just gross?

Urine Therapy, medically sound or just gross?

I have a neighbor that is what some may consider, a little eccentric. He talks about conspiracies and teas and things that you grow in a jar by feeding then sugary water. He has been talking about urine therapy lately. Looking into it, basically to find arguments with which to refute his own, I was actually surprised about how old and widespread this thing is. 
So, would you drink your own if convinced of his curative powers? 

Posted - January 6, 2017

Responses

Beyond gross.  There is just no reason for this practice.  
      January 6, 2017 6:05 PM MST

• Come on Sharonna, what if made you look twenty years younger? Thirty?
      January 6, 2017 7:01 PM MST

• Yes it is, 
    Would you believe me if I said that I thought if anybody was going to make reference to the playful attributes of the golden persuasion, it would be you. )
    Not saying things in a bad way, more of in a  humorous manner.
    I tend to agree with you on all your points. Thanks. And thanks for your comment on the video. It was very thoughtful.
      January 6, 2017 6:55 PM MST

No. It is waste that our body has eliminated..it already removed the benefits. 
      January 6, 2017 6:22 PM MST

• That is what i, logically think. If the body could use it, it would keep it, right? 
    Im not convinced fully either way. I need to read more, but for now im inclined towards the gross side. Thanks or responding.
      January 6, 2017 6:51 PM MST

Many times the body cannot absorb nutrients in too large a quantity and much is eliminated as waste. Does not mean it was not beneficial. It means it was outside the body's ability to process it.
      January 6, 2017 11:38 PM MST

True. But I think if it was a nutrient that I had in such abundance that I could not digest it all then if is a nutrient I am getting plenty of through my regular diet so no need to supplement it with urine. This post was edited by my2cents at January 7, 2017 5:13 AM MST
      January 7, 2017 5:11 AM MST

• That's a very smart point. Never thought about that angle. 
      January 10, 2017 8:45 AM MST

• I guess that depends on what it would cure. Cancer? Yes.
      January 6, 2017 6:36 PM MST

• Hey, some people say it does! I suppose that if I was suffering from something like that and I thought it would help, I would drink it too. I hope I don't have to find out. Thanks Jimmy.
      January 6, 2017 6:48 PM MST

• I saw it talked about on the Doctors, last week. Damned if I can remember what was said, though. LOL Was all good, anyway. Even the main doc said he would probably drink it. 
    Here it is. Feel free to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBRBbRNUxqE

That makes two of us. You're welcome.

January 6, 2017 6:55 PM MST

• You know? 
    I debated between posting that video or the one I chose. But in this one they adopt a somewhat mocking tone and I didn't want to offend anybody that may think it's a legitimate practice. This is it tho.

Thanks Jimmy.
      January 6, 2017 6:59 PM MST

• I couldn't get the video to post, for some reason. I think others have been having that problem, at times, too. Oh, no the same one? I will have a  look. Thanks, and you're welcome. :)
      January 6, 2017 7:30 PM MST

• is the same video, but thanks for posting
      January 6, 2017 7:31 PM MST

• Sure, Jimmy, anytime. Thank you.
      January 6, 2017 9:58 PM MST

• welcome :)
      January 6, 2017 9:59 PM MST

• I spent the first 5 years of my life in the Australian outback, me & my little band of renegades got lost for a while & we had to drink out own urine, no chose when the temperature was in excess of 45 degrees C.
      January 6, 2017 8:27 PM MST

• Well I can understand that. I don't think I would have any qualms in a situation like that. Would you use it for medicinal purposes tho?. 
    Would you wash your face with it to get rid of wrinkles?
      January 6, 2017 9:46 PM MST

• Definitely not, my childhood ordeal has put me off the stuff, funnily enough.  
      January 6, 2017 10:33 PM MST

• That's funny Austrans, thanks for responding. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 7, 2017 11:39 AM MST
      January 6, 2017 10:39 PM MST

• My pleasure.... oh & it's probably the reason why I can't wait to get rid of the stuff.
      January 6, 2017 10:44 PM MST

• It is probably best to accept medical advice from qualified medical professionals and not the dubious advice of neighbors and AMers.
      January 6, 2017 9:44 PM MST

• I think it is fairly obvious that this is an informal conversation and not scientifically endorsed research or certified medical advice questioning, whistle. I did not think a disclaimer would be necessary.
    That said, would you wash your face with pee? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 7, 2017 11:39 AM MST
      January 6, 2017 9:52 PM MST

• It's the next best thing after coffee enemas for whatever ails ya'.
      January 6, 2017 9:53 PM MST