Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Without the intervention of a foreign government Trump would never be prez. How else will Russia save his a**? It will you know. Doubt it?

Without the intervention of a foreign government Trump would never be prez. How else will Russia save his a**? It will you know. Doubt it?

Posted - January 8, 2017

Responses

• Here's my favorite part of this Russia hacking thing. All of the information that was hacked and released was completely true. The the DNC didn't even deny it. Furthermore, the government has been hacked before. I believe it was by China or North Korea. The government didn't care then and didn't fix it either. If it had been Trump that was hacked, the Russians would have been praised. The DNC officials that were hacked are angry, not because of false stories, but because they got caught in their own corruption. People switched their vote to Trump because the information was true and they were sick of putting up with the crap from these polititians.
      January 8, 2017 11:36 AM MST

Define COMPLETELY TRUE.  In your movie it was completely true.

I don't know what laws you think you are entitled to follow but they all must be adhered to especially if you are leader of the free world.  I don't care if she killled his wife, if he found out about it illegally it is STILL ILLEGAL.

Do you understand how laws operate?  You cannot even try a murder in this country without correct due process.   You certainly cannot prove illegal activity in our country when you are guilty of hacking and stealing private information that you have no business witnessing.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 8, 2017 1:12 PM MST
      January 8, 2017 11:38 AM MST

• Well geee... even a non American knows that there was NO evidence that there had been any illegal wrongdoing.. so from where I sit you sound like those sheeple who believe every word the Trumpeter tweets is true!  Seriously.. there's so much wrong with what you wrote there, as in incorrect, I wouldn't know where to begin!  
      January 8, 2017 1:11 PM MST

I do not doubt it.  There is NO way this man would be president under normal circumstances.  The whole world was watching this and all are mystified.
      January 8, 2017 11:37 AM MST

It was very well-planned and well-executed Sharonna and clearly a long time in the making. It came off without a hitch. If it were not for Russia's interference..hacking info, giving it to WikiLeaks and having it come out every day in waves..AND if it were not for James Comey's oddly adding fuel to the fire that never was...Trump would have lost for sure. If everything that Doofus Donny is hiding from us were to be found out and leaked do you really think he'd be prez elect? Of course not. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 9, 2017 4:35 AM MST

Without the emails we would never know Hillary sold White House favors and put the money in her pocket.  In my day that would have been called treason.
    I wonder what other promises she made internationally in exchange for money that she can no
    longer keep. 
      January 8, 2017 11:47 AM MST

• Oh cough splutter, you nearly made me choke on my cup of tea!  And Trump is an angel isn't he.. he has NEVER ever been in trouble for dishonest deals in business?  Lol and he really didn't just appoint all his yes men/cronies, rich plebs like himself all set to make a killing financially out of being prez? Oh no of course not...

FWIW she didn't have to make any promises for money internationally, get over yourself!  
      January 8, 2017 1:15 PM MST

You are not answering the question I asked. You are dragging Hillary in as is typical of anti-Hillary folks who carry her around 24/7 like an albatross.  The question is not about Hillary. The question is about how Russia saved Trump's a** and made him prez and will continue to save his a** because he is a valuable asset to them. A lapdog puppet who will always do as he is told. So why didn't you answer my question? This post was edited by RosieG at January 9, 2017 4:40 AM MST
      January 9, 2017 4:39 AM MST

Trump sold access to himself and his family at $500 per person fancy New Year's Eve gala he gave at Mar A Lago. His sons tried to sell access to Ivanka by offering her up literally to the highest bidder for a coffee "date" but got so roundly excoriated for that they had to reverse themselves. They are always selling access to themselves. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows. The difference is that there will be quid pro quo with authority. Pay for play. You many Trumps all at once doing this. You have Donald and Donald Jr. and Eric and  Ivanka for starters. Multiple ways to provide access. Business ventures. Stays at hotels. Plays at golf courses.  That's all money in the Trump pocket. It is a plethora of avenues where access is bought and sold 24/7. Much was made of the Clinton Foundation using funds illegally. But the Clinton Foundation was exonerated of  any wrongdoing and it was the Trump Foundation that got fined for contributing $25K to a Florida politician's re-elec tion campaign AND for using Foundation money to buy portraits of Donald J which hang somewhere  in his homes or offices or wherever. It's not working. The smear campaign that continues on and on and on  about the Clintons. All efforts to hide all the Trump wrongdoings will never stop. You bring up  Clinton to divert us from the evil doings of the Trumps.  It's not working.
      January 9, 2017 4:50 AM MST

Bless your heart.
      January 8, 2017 4:40 PM MST

• Let me provide a somewhat different take on this Rosie.  :)

I would state that without the repeated intervention (or the lack of said intervention) of previous US governments Trump would never have gained the presidency.  Without the repeated and gleeful failure of large tracts of the media to hold politicians - and indeed themselves - to account, trump would never have gained the presidency.

Russia has (comparatively) little to do with it, although they did give a nudge or two (probably).  Currently, Trump is providing some amusement for the Russians and I'm sure they'll play him for as long as possible, but they will drop him like a hot rock if it's perceived to be in their national interest.

The failures that have allowed a grown up Biff Tannen into the White House are political, social and economic ones.  Politically, they're mostly failures of not listening and of sticking to the script even when it seems the script is leading off a cliff.  There's all kinds of psychological, ethical and systemic questions that rise from this but what it boils down to is that the level of contempt for the common person among the 'great and the good' had reached problematic levels.  Voters were a problem to be dealt with every few years, and nobody much bothered if the intervening times were good or bad for the general population as long as it didn't reflect too badly on them.

Doing things because you're motivated by one's own future prospects is not the way to represent people in any modern government.  Yet this is exactly what has happened in the last few decades; nations have been run for the benefit of the establishments that can deliver 'best' for politicians, which means going where the money is.  From Reagan and Thatcher onward both the US and the UK have seen the effects of de-industrialisation combined with the (aided) rise of the mega-corporation and a lot of people haven't enjoyed that at all.

You can't represent people properly if you don't listen to them.  And politicians throughout the west have spent far too long doing just that.  Now, politicians on both sides of the Atlantic (and, in what is not-a-coincidence-at-all, in the countries where neo-liberal policies were most ardently pursued) are wondering where it all went wrong.

The answer's simple.  They didn't listen, nor did they govern, 'for the people'.  Unfortunately, in the US Trump was the only other thing on the menu and he pulled in a significant protest vote - just enough to win, while at the same time a lot of people were dissuaded from voting for either candidate.  Had these people voted, we wouldn't be having this conversation and that is a failure of national politics and politicians rather than politics being imposed from outside.
      January 9, 2017 5:57 AM MST

The emails had nothing to influence the election. That's according to the intelligence reports. If you want to praise them because they say yes Russia did the hacking then you must praise and be relieved that they also say it did not effect the outcome of the election. Can't have it both ways. 
    Did the emails change your vote? Anyone's vote you know? They did not change mine or anyone else I know. 
      January 9, 2017 6:26 AM MST