Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How do you deal with a relationship where the other person ALWAYS sees his friends?
AG

How do you deal with a relationship where the other person ALWAYS sees his friends?

I thought that now that I have a boyfriend who has a lot of friends, this is perfect. I never wanted someone who ignored his friends for me. Unfortunately my boyfriend is on the opposite site of the spectrum and is probably always with at least one of his friends. This creates for very little alone time. Not sure how to deal. I don't want him to think I don't like his friends, but I do want to spend more time with him without them always around.

Posted - January 14, 2017

Responses

Actually I would welcome it at this point; he's always after me to take showers with him. A guy needs a break every now and then!

~
      January 14, 2017 5:43 AM MST

• hahahaha!  Right!
      January 16, 2017 7:03 PM MST

Oh man, have I missed you.
      January 19, 2017 8:23 PM MST

AG, is that you?  Where have you been hiding? How are things?  Listen, we have SO much to catch up on, we should get together and ch . . . oops, there goes that soap again, it sure is slippery. Let me just bend down here and pick it up . . . OOOHHHHH!  Owwwwww, owwww, owww, owww, stop, it hurts, owwwww, owwww, owwwww, owwww, owwww
    -
      January 19, 2017 8:28 PM MST

Yes, of course it is me. :)

I don't live with my parents anymore. I live with roommates and don't have a computer. Just my phone, and AM isn't very user friendly on it. I happen to be visiting my parents right now, though!!! 

I'd love to catch up!! I'm experiencing new employment opportunities lately. How about you?
      January 19, 2017 9:40 PM MST

Have you expressed those feelings to him?  Maybe you ought to try that.
      January 14, 2017 8:57 AM MST

Yes. He is working on it. We'll see how things go.
      January 19, 2017 8:23 PM MST

HI, hAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE SAYING, "HAVE HIS PIECE OF CAKE AND EAT IT TOO?  He is not ready nor mature enough for a relationship as hes still putting his friends before you all the time but as you around to show his friends that hes a player and  make him more macho amongst his friends.  Mentioning this to him will most likely chase him off which wouldn't be the worst thing here. So now its your choice, to stay in this game or dump him and move on to someone who will put you first.  Good luck

This post was edited by thunder-wright at January 16, 2017 10:49 PM MST
      January 16, 2017 4:24 PM MST

He isn't a player, but he does like showing me off. I don't always like being shown off, though.

I have mentioned it to him. He's not scared off, just worried about losing me mostly if he does the wrong thing. I don't want him to feel like he has to walk on eggshells around me. Also he does put me first in some matters, but not all. Which isn't necessarily a big deal, except for sometimes when I'd rather have alone time.

Thank you!
      January 19, 2017 8:22 PM MST

• I recommend a book I'm reading... "Why Men Love Bitches." Such a good book, every page I read I can see how I've been doing everything wrong!!
      January 16, 2017 7:02 PM MST

Scary title! I may look into it, though. Think I've heard about it before.
      January 19, 2017 8:20 PM MST

he's scared I think AG
    scared to commit
    and scared that he will have to
    give up his friends 
    and he knows he wants his friends
    he's safe there
    and he kinda wants you
    but he'e pretty busy with his friends

January 16, 2017 11:05 PM MST

He is not scared to commit at all, but I do feel like he may be scared to give up his friends. I don't need him to. Just spend more time with me. He has improved since I asked this, although I didn't ask it that long ago.
      January 19, 2017 8:20 PM MST