Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Does ANYONE know what Trumpcare is gonna look like? Does Trump know or will he accept anything they give so he can move beyond this issue?

Does ANYONE know what Trumpcare is gonna look like? Does Trump know or will he accept anything they give so he can move beyond this issue?

Posted - January 14, 2017

Responses

• changes the name of Obamacare to Trumpcare.
      January 15, 2017 9:04 AM MST

That's it? Then he takes credit for it? Whoa. Say he did just that m'dear. Would he get away with it? Would folks suck up him to kiss his a** for giving them what they have had under a different name for 6 years? Geez if so people are really stupid aren't they? Thank you for your reply and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to y you SS! :)
      January 16, 2017 5:02 AM MST

Yes, but we are sworn to secrecy.  The commoners will have to wait a bit longer.  
      January 15, 2017 3:59 PM MST

Any plan will allow anyone to buy/sell insurance over state lines. Allow young adults to stay on parents plan until 26, use Healthcare saving accounts. 
    Removal of requirements such as all policies must cover pregnancy...even men and women who don't need the coverage.
    Likely Changing of tax code to make it more of a write off for employees. 
    Most likely a refundable tax credit to be used for health insurance purpose.
      January 15, 2017 4:41 PM MST

You make it sound very straightforward m2c and uncomplicated. Will all of this be implemented on the same day that the AHCA is repealed so that folks will be assured of constant health insurance coverage without a break? Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful answer and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday! :)
      January 16, 2017 5:04 AM MST

They has stated that they will be sure to make it a seamless transition. 
      January 16, 2017 5:12 AM MST

I think there will be a huge backlash if anything is suddenly removed without something else in place.  Even healthcare workers will be up in arms if the uninsured clog up the ERs because there is no other place to go and get coverage.  

We need to address big pharma and big profits from medical insurance.  Until we get that under control, nothing will change.  This shouldn't be about all citizens having insurance.  This should be about all citizens having adequate care.  What we don't pay in premiums would be how we all would pay for this system.  None of us have the assurance that we won't have a catastrophic illness or injury.  That is why it's bonkers to think people could save enough money for such an event.

We are the only industrialize nation that hasn't gotten on board with ensuring care for everyone.  And the US does NOT rank number one in care either!
      January 15, 2017 4:56 PM MST

I know. It makes no sense to me either but the pols seem very proud of the fact that the US is so lame it hasn't come up with a good health insurance plan to cover its people. Proud of being lame and second-class and inept. Go figger! Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful reply PeaPod! :)
      January 16, 2017 5:06 AM MST

When more and more middle class, working people go without healthcare, this issue will become something Trump cannot ignore.  More and more companies are opting out of covering their people.  Even if they want to blame Obamacare for that, companies are not going to start giving more if something cheaper comes into play.  Trickle down economics simply does not work and making THAT the requirement for someone to have healthcare is absurd.  Not every able body person can find a job that will provide such a benefit.  I know a few of our adult kids with full time jobs rely on Obamacare for coverage.  I will not be a happy person to watch these hard working young people go without.
      January 16, 2017 9:25 AM MST

i think they should keep obama care since he worked so hard on it
      January 16, 2017 4:24 PM MST