Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Language » Are you having a Thai Island Day (or Weekend). You know, where you say "Phuket" and don't worry about rules/expectations?

Are you having a Thai Island Day (or Weekend). You know, where you say "Phuket" and don't worry about rules/expectations?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phuket_Province

Posted - July 8, 2016

Responses

Because I live alone and can do whatever I want to, I don't.  My life is very rigid all the time due to the fact that I am likely to fly off and start some project I didn't intend to at the drop of a hat.  I have to pull it together in order to make sure I get all the studying done.   So, I stay home.   I may screw around for hours, but my stuff is all laid out for me to look at.  I can just come home or enter a room and my stuff for that class is in my face. Right now I have 2 anatomy tests.   I need to stay here all weekend or I will freak.   If I go away and have fun?  It is NO fun.  I will worry.  So, it is best for me to be able to come back at any time I need to so I can book. 

So there are no more PHUCKETS for me probably ever again.   I am not that far away from homelessness if I screw this up.  Fear is a great motivator. 

July 9, 2016 12:25 AM MDT

Thai Island Days are very much a First World Privilege.  Here's to hoping you can say "Phuket" some time in the not-too-distant future.

July 9, 2016 12:35 AM MDT

Well as long as I stay anal and stick near my safe place (my house) I can mini-veg all I want to and say mini-phuckets.    I just can't have some big blowout phucket or consequences will be too dire to consider.    This is doable.  Thanks, OS.

July 9, 2016 12:48 AM MDT

Well, I wasn't planning on going on a drunken bender with some one-night stands mixed in, either.

But, Phuket, I'm going to eat chocolate this weekend even though I'm not supposed to....;-D...

July 9, 2016 12:52 AM MDT

Yes, I'm saying Phuket and even though my gf is around I'm still admiring all the Baht's, Whoa!

July 9, 2016 2:37 AM MDT

I've noticed a fair number of Thai restaurants in the USA use Phuket in their business names. I'm not sure if the proprietors are aware of the potentially scandalous phonetic pun that regional name translates to in English..;-D...

July 9, 2016 2:45 AM MDT

yes, seems like it

July 9, 2016 6:13 PM MDT

Well, enjoy your Phuket phase....;-D....

July 9, 2016 6:16 PM MDT