Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Obviously for women: Did you experience PMS symptoms?

Obviously for women: Did you experience PMS symptoms?

What method helped you alleviate the adverse symptoms due to raging hormones?  

Posted - January 23, 2017

Responses

• Are you having a menstrual fixation moment? It's verging on the misogynistic.
    I'm undecided as to whether this is a serious question, an empatheitc one at best. Is it?
      January 23, 2017 12:14 AM MST

After my daughter had 2 miscarriages, we were beginning to think a baby wasn't in our future. Then we got the news she was pregnant again and we were hopeful this time would be different. Unfortunately, it wasn't. 

The reason for my question is because she's having some problems now, and I wanted to find out if someone here had any suggestions on what worked for them. I was hoping to share the information given  Unfortunately you didn't provide anything helpful. 
      January 23, 2017 1:32 AM MST

• Sympathies to you daughter, truly. But that imformation wasn't suggestedd in your question.
    I often take B vitamin complex and magnesium. And from previous experience regular physical excercise.
    I'm afraid I'm not able to advise on miscarriage. I hope others can.
      January 23, 2017 2:54 AM MST

A raging good Primary Care Doctor.

January 23, 2017 1:33 AM MST

My sympathies for the losses. 

I can't tell based on what you've said what's happening. It sounds like maybe you're talking about emotions. If there are "hormonal" issues following a miscarriage, they will work themselves out. However, this is probably just a really terrible time and, whether caused by hormones or sheer grief, will fade. Even after the hormones return to normal, the grief will still be there. She's lost three babies. That's a very big hole to fill back up. I really can't imagine. 

None of us knows the situation or why you're asking or what PMS symptoms you're hoping to help her overcome... we're kind of in the dark here, but it sounds like you're just talking about grief. Ya'll need time. If this becomes a major depression, to the point where she's suicidal or can't function, it's time for professional help. But coping today, just offering understanding and compassion, I would think, are all that anyone could do. There's no magic bullet, whether you're talking about a temporary hormone imbalance or grief. 
      January 23, 2017 2:28 AM MST