Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Thebigd
DannyPetti
Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Environment » The more pipelines you have the more there are that can spring a leak..contaminating the water and poisoning the people. Pipelines rule! Why

The more pipelines you have the more there are that can spring a leak..contaminating the water and poisoning the people. Pipelines rule! Why

Posted - January 24, 2017

Responses

Primarily because they are safer than rail transport. Especially with the railways having being built so many years ago and it is too expensive to do preventative maintenance on them.
      January 24, 2017 10:06 AM MST

Sure. They crash and spill and pollute the groundwater. It happens all the time. Underground pipelines are more insidious! They burst and do all the damage underground and when it finally is noticed it's too late. People don't count. Pipelines rule because they make lotsa bucks for lotsa folk! SCREW health concerns!. How much money does that ever make? Thank you for your reply Maurice and Happy Tuesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 24, 2017 11:02 AM MST
      January 24, 2017 11:01 AM MST

If the pipelines are underground, they use cathodic protection. (Rather than getting thinner, the pipes get thicker.)
    There are flow monitors in the pipelines. If the flow increases or decreases (Due to a damaged line) the pumps shut down. The pipes may drain, but the liquid is not pumped out.
    If a train wrecks, the cars are normally damaged and the liquid leaks out. Could be anywhere. In the middle of your town. There is also heat from the crash, and the engine, and the liquid burns.. in the middle of your town..
    I could go on, but will not. I have had my say.
      January 24, 2017 11:10 AM MST

There are many safety procedures in place, you would be surprised of the many processes more risky than that in manufacturing all around the country, yet they are doing pretty good now that we have the E.P. A. as watchdogs
      January 24, 2017 12:16 PM MST

Trump said the reason the pipes leaked is because they were made outside of the U.S. and will have them made here because he says they will be made better and cause less problems.
    So we will see.
      February 8, 2017 12:08 PM MST