Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » An Answermugger suggested I Google "Death is an illusion" which I did. Ever hear of Biocentrism? It's kinda nifty. Whatcha think? Why?

An Answermugger suggested I Google "Death is an illusion" which I did. Ever hear of Biocentrism? It's kinda nifty. Whatcha think? Why?

Einstein said "death is an illusion".  That the difference between past, present and future is only a stubborn illusion. That at "death" our consciousness simply transcends to an alternative universe. Okay. So if true how do we explain aging? Is that illusory too?

Posted - January 26, 2017

Responses

Aging is the series of events resulting in changes (in your body) that give the illusion of time.
    Time is static;  everything revolves around time in a relative way -that is the slower you travel in space the more rapid events will happen;  at absolute rest your life could begin, you celebrate all your birthdays and then die at the same instant. Faster you travel through space the slower events happen until you reach the speed of light then all events  (in your body) would cease and you would never age.

Infinite past and infinite future occur in the present tense but from our 3dimensenal existence we perceive a past and a (unknown but not unknowable) future in time. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 27, 2017 4:31 AM MST
      January 26, 2017 6:31 AM MST

A quantum physics fan! TRRIFIC!  Thank you for your very thoughtful and informative reply and Happy Friday to thee Kg! :)
      January 27, 2017 4:27 AM MST

• Nobody knows, nobody. And shockingly enough, nobody alive ever will.
    Theories on anything that happens after we die are just well intended wishes at best and full blown quackery at worst. It doesn't matter to me if they are thrown by Einstein or Kim Kardashian. They are just as valuable.
    And for those who say death is an illusion, I can point to many a cemetery that may tend to prove otherwise.
      January 26, 2017 9:58 AM MST

Death is an illusion because otherwise how could Schrodinger's cat be dead and alive at the same time? The dead people in the cemetery is an illusion because that is what you perceive via your perspective in a 3 dimensional existence. 

Wouldn't it be more fun to do your existence in a dimension where multiple possibilities could occur at the same time? 

This post was edited by Kittigate at January 27, 2017 4:32 AM MST
      January 26, 2017 11:06 AM MST

• I am familiar with the concept you are proposing. I am. As I am familiar with the.concept of information never being lost. Which we could sort of push into a concept of a common consciousness and all that. And you know you may be right. And as much as the Scientific Scientifications support them, im all for speculations on the after life or as you may prefer, after transformation let's say. 
    But even if I were to accept all that, and we shoot into a vortex and out of a Quasar, what ever happens after
    The heart stops pumping, is all speculation. Or at best impossible to confirm assurances.
    About the dead people in the cemetery, im kind of going to stick with my certainty.
    Im pretty sure they are dead. : )
      January 26, 2017 11:20 AM MST

Scientists are trying to build computers based on the concept that infinite possibilities can occur in the same instant so if you only see the people in the cemetery as 'dead' then i guess that would most likely disqualify you from ever becoming the inventor of a quantum computer. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 27, 2017 4:30 AM MST
      January 26, 2017 11:41 AM MST

• Come on K, there's no need to get personal. Is there?
    Also, this is all in good humor, im not expecting to change your mind. You can be wrong, that's.ok with me.  )
    On what the scientists are trying to build, how bout we talk about it then, when they are done trying and get to the discovering. 
    For example, I've never baked a cake before. This weekend is my dear friends L birthday. Im going to try to bake a cake for her. But even my best intentions are not a guarantee to me coming up with a good cake, or a quantum one of those, or whatever the scientiststs are working on. No? 
      January 26, 2017 12:03 PM MST

I was just kidding there...
    When you meet your dear friend for her birthday celebration show her the invitations you will be sending out to time travellers -after your party is over- to see if they will travel back in time to come as surprise visitors for the occasion during your party celebration  to wish her a happy birthday. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 27, 2017 4:30 AM MST
      January 26, 2017 12:46 PM MST

• How did you know I was going to do that? If I didn't know better, I'd think you're from the future. But then you would have already known I was going to say that. . .and this. . .and this. . . ) 
      January 26, 2017 12:50 PM MST

• Im glad you were, 
    Or I could leave early if the party is good, go back and return an hour earlier. Then continue to do that, forever. And never die. So, maybe you are.probably right after all!!
    Thanks K. )
      January 26, 2017 1:00 PM MST

Thanks for hanging in and making this a really nifty thread Lago. I'm a huge quantum physics fan so I dig all of this! :) A lot! :)
      January 27, 2017 4:34 AM MST

• I like physics and math a little too. I remember when I was young, somebody gave a book on physics. 
    I remember looking out the window and seeing the neighborhood kids play outside.
    I had the book open on an explanation about why we see wheels go backwards when at a certain speed. 
    That was amazing to me!
      January 27, 2017 1:57 PM MST

Due to quantum superposition of events everything of the infinite past and future occurs in the present tense so it's just a matter of finding the right spot to look, kind of like finding the right page in a book to view the event(s).
    I don't have to be there. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 27, 2017 4:32 AM MST
      January 26, 2017 1:04 PM MST

Thank you for a fantastically nifty thread Kg! Seriously! :) I am a huge quantum physics fan so I'm really enjoying this.How many dimensions do you think there are? 10, 26, infinite? Whatever mysteries there all the answers could be in those other dimensions and forever inaccessible to us. Ever read a book called FLATLAND? It's out of print but it is about two-dimensional creatures living in a 3-dimensional world. The drawings are mindbending!  :)
      January 27, 2017 4:34 AM MST

Flatland.. sounds interesting,  i'll make a search for it.

I can only perceive 2 dimensions;  zero dimension which is the 'spooky' state of quantum mechanics where you get quantum entanglement,  past and future events  occurring in the present tense , particles which can communicate with each other light years apart.. all that kind of thing.

3 dimensional state of the universe where everything seems relatively 'normal' to us except for quite a bit of unsolved mysteries, ghostly appearances,  documented poltergeist activities and other of paranormal phenomena. 

Other dimemensions are imaginary or constructs made up to serve some purpose -like eleven dimensions created to make string theory seem valid.
      January 27, 2017 7:39 AM MST

• Im not sure I'd say that concepts grown from mathematical certainties are imagined. Many, many, many real life, tangible, concepts came about ideas that were only hinted at by the mathematics behind them.
      January 27, 2017 2:03 PM MST

• FLATLAND!!!!
    Fantastic!!!
    Have you seen the animated movie????
      January 27, 2017 2:00 PM MST

The cemeteries are an illusion too Lago. That's the point. According to that view. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      January 27, 2017 4:28 AM MST

• I understand that Ms Rosie. Im sure you know I do. I understand it is  a matter of how we are defining reality and illusion.
    I incline more towards the pragmatic side of things. 
    Which, I know, it is a somewhat limited way to see things. 
    Thanks Ms Rosie.

January 27, 2017 2:11 PM MST

I know this already.  I have been trying to say this for 10 years now. 

There is no birth, there is no death.  It is an illusion.

I know.

People point to the sky and try and explain where God is.

Know this.

He is in you, around you and he is everything.

He can be seen and felt everywhere.

GOD IS YOU.
    The truth is, some people like Jesus knew this and most do not see the truth.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 27, 2017 2:11 PM MST
      January 27, 2017 7:41 AM MST

• How do you know this?
    I see that instead of saying, I think, or , I believe, 
    You say, "I know"
    How do you know?

Im not debating you, or disagreeing. Im just curious. I'd like to know what made you KNOW this.
      January 27, 2017 2:13 PM MST