Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » So far as I know you can be prevented from doing/saying what you want but not thinking what you want. Yet. Right?

So far as I know you can be prevented from doing/saying what you want but not thinking what you want. Yet. Right?

Posted - January 27, 2017

Responses

An old Navy joke. The Chief walks up to his division officer and asks : "Is it true I am not allowed to call you an a**hole?". "Of course you cant." he replies. The Chief then says "Can I think your are an a**hole?" Officer replies with "I suppose." Chief says "I think you're an a**hole.
      January 27, 2017 12:15 PM MST

Funnee Hunnee! Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy Saturday! :)
      January 28, 2017 3:10 AM MST

thats true
      January 27, 2017 4:58 PM MST

Thank you for your reply pearl! :)
      January 28, 2017 3:11 AM MST

Very,very true. 
      January 27, 2017 5:53 PM MST

What happens if we are all implanted with chips that control what we think? Then we are truly lost. Thank you for your reply Star and Happy Saturday! :)
      January 28, 2017 3:12 AM MST

The way this question is worded makes it kind of tricky to answer.  Maybe I'm not understanding it precisely.  But, RosieG, I'll give it a shot.  Yes.  You can physically be prevented from saying things that you think.  Many ways are probably very uncomfortable.  Another way to prevent yourself from saying them is keeping your mouth shut.  This doesn't mean you can't communicate that thought in a different way, i.e. writing.  
    As far as thinking a thought, you are in control of that process.  Those thoughts are normally answers and logical conclusions you have determined.  You reach those mindful conclusions from personal experiences and teachings throughout your life.  No one can take those away from you or think them exactly as you do.  We all may have the same answer.  An example 2+2=4 and 'T-H-E' spells the word 'the'.  But, how we learned and retained that knowledge is probably very different.  No body can take that away from you and you can't help yourself from using that already known knowledge.
    I hope this answered your question and didn't confuse you more.  I hope I understood your question and didn't confuse myself more!  Giggles.  Please Take Care and don't overthink things.  See you on another question! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at January 29, 2017 10:53 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 10:48 PM MST