Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » These are very difficult times that "try" men's souls (assuming such exist). Where is your secret place? Where is your escape? Why?

These are very difficult times that "try" men's souls (assuming such exist). Where is your secret place? Where is your escape? Why?

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

I think of Donald like the flushed waste that he will soon be.  This too, shall pass.
      January 29, 2017 6:05 AM MST

What is destroyed/damaged/demolished in the meantime until it passes? That's what worries me! Thank you for your reply Sharonna and Happy Monday! :)
      January 30, 2017 3:30 AM MST

I hide in a Scotch bottle.
      January 29, 2017 7:07 AM MST

That's only temporary sweetie. But it is always available and you don't have to leave home! Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy Monday! :)
      January 30, 2017 3:31 AM MST

My wife and I volunteer at local places, and I like to read and have a cup of coffee.to relax.
      January 29, 2017 11:43 AM MST

Sounds good to me! Do things for others. Best way to "take a break" I can think of. Thank you for your reply Tom T! :)
      January 30, 2017 3:32 AM MST

"Anyone dwelling in the secret place of the Most High will lodge under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to Jehovah: "you are my refuge and my stronghold, my God ino whom I trust."  For he will rescue you from the birdcatcher, from the destructive pestilence. With his pinions he will cover you, and under his wings you will take refuge. His faithfulness will be a large shield and a protective wall.  You will not fear the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the gloom, nor the destruction that ravages at midday. A thousand will fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, but to you it will not come near. You will only see it with your eyes as  you witness the punishment of the wicked. Because you said: "Jehovah is my refuge," You have made the Most High your dwelling;  no disaster will befall you, and no plague will come near your  tent.  For he will give his angels a command concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone. On the young lion and the cobra you will tread;  you will trample  underfoot the maned lion and the big snake. God said: "because he has affection for me, I will rescue him. I will be with him in distress. I will rescue him and glorify him. I will satisfy him with long life, and I will cause him to see my acts of salvation." (Psalms 91:1-16)
      January 29, 2017 9:54 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Monday! :)
      January 30, 2017 3:33 AM MST