Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The BEST way to ignore a boor/bore is to be elsewhere. Boors/bores never go there. I don't know why. do you?

The BEST way to ignore a boor/bore is to be elsewhere. Boors/bores never go there. I don't know why. do you?

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

• These are general bores/boors yes?  Not the big bad bore?  

I don't encounter many fortunately but sadly I don't think we can avoid them entirely.. I've encountered a few both personally and at work... dreadfully awkward to deal with.

A small story... I once met a man who was mega rich..well mega rich by my standards.. and he LIKED me.. lots... but he was the most awful bore... and a bit of a boor too. If I could have coped with one or the other I might be mega rich now :P But I couldn't... 

The bore part was easier to deal with than the boorishness and it was that that finally made me call it a day.. 
      January 29, 2017 10:49 AM MST

I just giggled sweetie. You are too cute. Well take your pick. The general boor/bore or the big bad boorish bore. Funny you should mention your experience my friend. I, too, had an experience similar to yours. When I was young. I dated a doctor. I was 19 and he was 30! Yikes! His family knew my family. Actually I kinda had a crush on his younger brother who was a regular guy and really cute. But it was the doctor who asked me out and we dated a few times. I think at that time he drove a big cadillac! He was a pleasant man with no personalilty at all. He was a medical doctor but I don't recall which kind. After a few dates I just couldn't date him any more. I kept looking at my watch every time we went out and that is not a good sign! I maybe couldda married the guy and been wealthy. But I don't think I would have been very happy. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and sharing a slice of your life! I really appreciate that DdbTD! :) ((hugs))
      January 30, 2017 4:43 AM MST

thats true
      January 29, 2017 2:30 PM MST

• John D. McDonald described a boor as somebody who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company. I can't say that I go out of my way to avoid boors, but I don't offer them friendship, either. I have no trouble brushing them off. 
      January 29, 2017 5:14 PM MST

When they are forced on you and you have no choice it can be a miserable way to spend time. Thank you for your reply Didge! :)
      January 30, 2017 4:44 AM MST