Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Ever love someone you wish you didn't? Did you stop or do you still? Do you know why?

Ever love someone you wish you didn't? Did you stop or do you still? Do you know why?

Posted - February 1, 2017

Responses

• I sure have! It was an online thing that I was stupid enough to fall into and it made a mess out of me. Nice enough woman but just drove me nuts with questions and jealousy if I even talked to another woman online. I learned a big lesson there that I'll never make again. I sure stopped that mess up and won't ever speak to her again. She was on here when I first came on but has since left. I couldn't be happier about that. Real love is happiness, not constant torture!
      February 1, 2017 6:26 AM MST

I cannot stand folks who are jealous. I have never felt that emotion. Jealousy/envy are strangers to me. I have never been jealous of anyone for anything and I have never imposed a suspicious nature on someone I loved. I don't do it and I do not tolerate it being done to me. What a loser she is! Her lack of confidence and low self-esteem was supposed to bind you to her and keep reassuring her because of her inadequacy. In others words be her slave!  But both genders can be that way. I was once engaged to someone like that for a very brief time. I dumped him.  No one should have to live like that. Thank you for your reply Rooster. You dodged a bullet my friend. I'm glad she's gone. If she ever shows up again you WILL IGNORE HER, right? If you need someone to figuratively verbally smack the crap outta her I'm your gal! I have a way with words you know! I'm just sayin' you got a friend! Thank you for your reply! :) If we need backup Jim can help! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 1, 2017 7:18 AM MST
      February 1, 2017 6:41 AM MST

• Plus I found out that she was married! Most horrible experience I can remember.
      February 1, 2017 6:51 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

I still love every girl I have EVER loved, and that includes Jane Crocker in 4th grade.

excon This post was edited by excon at February 1, 2017 7:17 AM MST
      February 1, 2017 6:46 AM MST

Yes.  Both romantic & friendships.  Some relationships can just be too toxic.  For me, it always takes a long time to get to my breaking point but I think as I have gotten older that point has become shorter.  With the broken friendships,  I still care but I just can't, & won't, be around them.  They are the kind of people who keep making the same mistakes over and over again, never learning from them.  IMO, they create unnecessary drama and, in doing so, problems in their lives. I prefer living in a drama free zone. As far as romantic relationships that ended (from days past & long ago), no, I am not in love nor feel love for them anymore. I don't regret having the relationships I have had (both friendship & romantic) because I feel they helped me learn from them.  I've learned what I need from someone, what I don't need, & what I can offer them.  For me, experience is all part of the growing & learning process. I don't wish them ill, I hope they are happy but when I'm done with a relationship, I'm done.  No dwelling or yearnings.
      February 1, 2017 7:16 AM MST

no, never been in love, guys dont want me, not sure why
      February 1, 2017 9:56 AM MST