Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Are certain words heightened by personal memories or the way they are delivered in the moment spoken to you?

Are certain words heightened by personal memories or the way they are delivered in the moment spoken to you?

Posted - February 2, 2017

Responses

• Yes.  My fecal father snarling and vomiting out, "Aw, Christ!" and "god damn!" While BASHING the table and cocking his fist or making a threatening gesture with a steak knife in his hand. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 2, 2017 10:48 PM MST
      February 2, 2017 7:56 PM MST

That gave me shilvers!!! Are you O.k.?  Geeezers, whistle6, how frightening.  Hopefully that is a memory you don't have to visit very often.  Trust me, I'll never ask you to visit there again.  It was frightening to me.  I could imagine it has been uneasy and scary to visit for you, let alone when it was being delivered by such an angry man.  Thank goodness you are here still to talk about it.  Shivers.  Please be safe. 
      February 2, 2017 10:51 PM MST

• He poisoned my entire life.  Now he is dead.
      February 3, 2017 2:15 PM MST

• Yes indeed. One of my favourites concerned a very gentle guy named Jeff Rixon who was a deacon of his church, a vocalist with a rather magnificent voice, and a man who, when he retired, went to work as a missionary in Africa. Jeff NEVER used bad language but one day at work he made the same clumsy mistake about three times in a row, threw down his pencil, and yelled, "Oh, bother!" One of the other guys said, "That'll be enough out of you, Foul Mouth," and the poor guy was known as Foul Mouth Rixon forevermore. 
      February 2, 2017 9:13 PM MST

Heaven Forbid!!  What was he thinking?  I hope God forgave him and he could still sing.  It would be such a waste of a wonderful voice and person if he wasn't able to any longer. 
    Remind me to never say, "oh, bother" instead of some other words I may use. Obviously, those are not retractable. ;)

Thanks Didge for sharing a fun story.  You always have the best! :)
      February 2, 2017 10:57 PM MST