Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » I notice the cliques and favortism off the bat.

I notice the cliques and favortism off the bat.

Does the mod for this site admit to favortism? I see how when you call out bulls**t trolls you're ganged up on. Great way to gain and keep new members. 

Posted - February 2, 2017

Responses

• If you approach this site with a "me vs. them" attitude, you're going to have a bad experience. Try to listen to what people are saying and engage with them. Most people here are not trying to discourage new people from posting.

Your first question was a call-out of a long-time user. A long-time user many of us have had some issues with, but nonetheless, it was a question that was bound to draw some controversy. You can't dive right into the deep end and expect things to have gone more smoothly. Try getting to know some people first or asking questions about something other than the site's users.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 15, 2018 2:51 AM MDT
      February 2, 2017 2:14 PM MST

•   February 2, 2017 2:35 PM MST

Very well said Nevan.
      February 2, 2017 3:00 PM MST

This.
      February 3, 2017 3:46 AM MST

• The Mods on this site are pretty nice people and do a pretty darn good job. I sure have no problem with them. Yes, if you get into it with someone, there's a chance that you will get ganged up on. I post here and there and don't have any trouble. I might not agree with some of the stuff but to each their own.
      February 2, 2017 2:16 PM MST

• I'm not a fan of it so far. Why should users have to navigate through pages of bulls**t anti-whatever political nonsense to find a real question? I was irritated with Blurtit for the spamming and trolling. I come here and find it. This post was edited by Just Asking at February 2, 2017 7:18 PM MST
      February 2, 2017 2:18 PM MST

• Different place Walter. Different people. I enjoy the change.
      February 2, 2017 2:22 PM MST

• Somewhere, someone is digging through your bullchit.

(BTW when you get your comments and thread pulled?  it's not because of some imaginary clique and mod favoritism.  It's because you are breaking the TOS with foul language.)
      February 2, 2017 2:23 PM MST

• He already quit. He can go back to blurtit and answer BS questions.
      February 2, 2017 2:46 PM MST

• Poor Walter. I like the guy but he's had his share troubles both on and off line. I'm sorry he self-terminated so quickly.
      February 2, 2017 2:59 PM MST

Hi Rooster.  I think we have the best Mods around. 

• I think so too! I appreciate them.
      February 2, 2017 2:48 PM MST

Welcome to life.
      February 2, 2017 2:17 PM MST

The question sounds like high school.  Then the thread gets worse..........like discussing high school hall monitors. 
      February 2, 2017 7:20 PM MST

Ganged up on?  Really?  I think everyone is being pretty polite considering your approach.
      February 2, 2017 2:19 PM MST

•   February 2, 2017 2:21 PM MST

If you don't like it...leave.
      February 2, 2017 2:31 PM MST

Hmm... It may be helpful to know that the rules that have allowed other people to post are the very same rules that allow you to make posts like this and not have them removed. Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword. 
      February 2, 2017 2:39 PM MST

• The troll DA'ed already.
    Normally I wouldn't say this about a new member leaving your site but.....
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
      February 2, 2017 2:43 PM MST

• I mean, whatever. I'm interested in having new users join this site, but he didn't understand that this isn't about liberals and conservatives; just as Rosie posts a lot of Trump posts (which I sometimes take issue with based on their volume; I don't like scrolling through a lot of questions I'm uninterested in either), he could also post questions like this or anyone could post political questions with the opposite views. It's not about which "side" you're on. 

I don't even believe the agenda was politics.  This was someone looking for attention for themselves.  He got it, but it didn't quite go the way he hoped.  
      February 2, 2017 2:49 PM MST

•   February 2, 2017 2:59 PM MST

• That's what I'm sayin'. My feelings about it in general are very well known. First thing you ever say though is calling someone names and having a meltdown insulting the whole the user base next? I never seen someone throw so many people under the bus so quick.

Maybe he's still reading these comments and realizes that if he came back and didn't start off by attacking with names and insults he'd be more than welcomed by all  to help diversify things.
      February 2, 2017 2:52 PM MST

Exactly.
      February 3, 2017 3:51 AM MST