Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Reverend Muhammadovsky
Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Would you ride in a driverless car? Why?

Would you ride in a driverless car? Why?

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

No, but I am a control freak about my car. I have a manual transmission because it gives me more control over my car. With that said, there are some drivers out there that I would rather see in driverless car. Like those that have a phone in one hand a cigarette in the other. It would be safer for everyone if those who really are paying attention to other things not drive. Let a car that can do it for them.
      February 4, 2017 9:26 AM MST

I think it is Uber that will be using driverless cars. I'm not that brave. Anything electrical, electronic or mechanical can fail. At any time. For who knows what reason? I remember LOVING my VW "Bug" which of course I had to shift into gear. I, like you, felt I was driving and in control. Now with automatic cars all you do is steer. It drives. Or not depending upon how dependable it is. Thank you for your reply Gb  and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      February 5, 2017 5:02 AM MST

• I would give it a try! Be nice to just sit in the back and have a beer while it drives itself!

February 4, 2017 9:27 AM MST

It would be nice to go out and have a few drinks with friends and not have worry about how to get home.
      February 4, 2017 10:39 AM MST

• It would, huh?
      February 4, 2017 12:29 PM MST

But what if it fails or the accelerator jams Rooster? I think Uber is going to use them. I'm not that brave! Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 5, 2017 5:03 AM MST

Never use version 1.0 of anything.
      February 4, 2017 12:28 PM MST