Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Business » Do you think this concept would work for a college town: "Chicken 'n Taters", the special would be a roasted thigh & leg quarter, a side of seasoned steak fries, and

Do you think this concept would work for a college town: "Chicken 'n Taters", the special would be a roasted thigh & leg quarter, a side of seasoned steak fries, and

a green vegetable (usually green beans or broccoli) for $5.00?  It would be a good truck or a tiny corner shop. 

Posted - July 10, 2016

Responses

Oh I could see it working especially making it an affordable price. I like the idea of a food truck which would allow you to bring your service right to the campus.

July 10, 2016 7:30 PM MDT

Make it $4 and you'll be a hit.  And make it a truck.............you don't want kids tearing up your store. 

July 10, 2016 8:12 PM MDT

• Probably, yes.

But how about adding a few features that make you stand out from other fast foods.

The take-away (to-go) containers are made from compostable bamboo, or corn or rice starch.

All ingredients are sourced from the nearest farming area with farmer paid a fair price for their cost of production and a tad more.

The chicken comes from free-range, organic farms, with real photos of where and how they lived.

The greens and potatoes are fresh and organic.

Your staff get paid a fair wage and have fair work conditions.

You get to advertise your health, social, animal and eco-friendly status.

Add to this a choice of 5 different sauces eg Satay from Indonesia, Chilli, sweet pepper, tomato, onion and garlic from Mexico, Chicken aspic gravy with Worcestershire from Britain, a Macrobiotic five flavors sauce, and a mildly sweet ginger-honey-lemon sauce. Give each a short romantic name and description. Make sure they're always freshly prepared from the freshest ingredients.

I reckon you'd make a very good living and your competitors would be brain-storming their heads off.

July 11, 2016 3:24 AM MDT

Sure

July 11, 2016 11:55 AM MDT

all excellent ideas, but I believe they'd be awfully expensive to do!!!
      October 22, 2016 9:17 AM MDT