Discussion » Questions » Family » What sort of photographs of your loved ones do you prefer?

What sort of photographs of your loved ones do you prefer?

Looking around my walls I see that most of mine have been professionally posed, and yet I prefer natural, unposed pix. what about you?

Posted - February 11, 2017

Responses

i like the baby pictures i have of me and my family
      February 11, 2017 8:32 PM MST

• Nice, Pearl. Thanks for responding. We ended up with so many offspring -- kids, grand kids, great grand kids, that the wall space is pretty much taken up.
      February 11, 2017 9:07 PM MST

• I like the candid shots, they show pieces of everyday real life. 
      February 11, 2017 8:55 PM MST

• Oh, yeah. Me too. 

Anthony Armstrong Jones was photographer to the British royal family and the formal photograph they did once a year was always a stuffy, posed affair. But one year he got a beauty. When asked how he'd done it he said that he kept one shot in his camera stepped away from it, said "that's it for this year, thank you very much" and when they they all started to act like real people he hit the cable release. Great photo.
      February 11, 2017 9:10 PM MST

• What a brilliant man! I do not like posed stuffy pictures. 
      February 11, 2017 10:04 PM MST

• I probably have about 30 framed photos in my living room. 6 or 7 of them are humans, all posed. The rest are photos of dogs.....my dogs, dogs of friends and my granddogs, non of which are posed. The dog photos get the most compliments from friends and family.
      February 11, 2017 9:16 PM MST

• What a nice idea. We don't have any dog photographs up. I must do something about that. Mind you, as long as we have Zoe with us that won't be necessary. 
      February 11, 2017 9:36 PM MST

February 11, 2017 10:07 PM MST

• I don't suppose you'd like to fly over here and do the same for my place? That's a heck or a clean up job.
      February 11, 2017 10:53 PM MST

I much prefer candid photos. I cringe when I think about all the money I forked out for professional studio photos over the years when my kids were young. I love that people have kind of gotten away from studio portraits now.
      February 11, 2017 10:33 PM MST

• We got a couple of studio shots done but soon gave that away. Candids are a lot better: they tell a story.
      February 11, 2017 10:54 PM MST

• Candid photos are the best. Most of our family photos are like that. There are some posed ones, but the best are ones that just show people in their element. 
      February 12, 2017 9:28 AM MST

• Definitely! 
      February 12, 2017 11:18 AM MST