Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If your entire focus 24/7 is on what you hate when do you find time to focus on what you love? What emotion drives you and why?

If your entire focus 24/7 is on what you hate when do you find time to focus on what you love? What emotion drives you and why?

Posted - July 12, 2016

Responses

I don't focus on what I dislike, my main emotion some people would think is a weakness, empathy. It drives me to help people and that gives me a warm feeling.

July 12, 2016 4:32 AM MDT

• I doubt if anyone can focus on anything 24/7, even if part of it was in dreaming -

there still comes the minimum necessary three hours of non-dreaming unconsciousness.

I guess what you're upset about, Rosie, is the number of hate crimes in the USA recently, -

and so your question is really a need to know how someone can become

so obsessed with hatred that they have to act it out in those ways.

GrilledCheeseGirl posted a brilliant blog a few days back. It contains a 1.2 hour lecture on Post Traumatic Race Shock delivered by a woman who REALLY knows her stuff. I mean she has seriously researched it. She has the evidence to back what she says and it's not cherry-picking, it's solid. I recommend it as well worth the investment of time.

July 12, 2016 5:45 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful reply hartfire. I shall check it out. I appreciate the info! :) Yes. You're right. Again. The increase in number of hate crimes  got to me.  :(

July 14, 2016 5:52 AM MDT