Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » It seems to me ideally bosses should be smarter than those who work for them. Often not the case. Why do the not-so-smart get promoted?

It seems to me ideally bosses should be smarter than those who work for them. Often not the case. Why do the not-so-smart get promoted?

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

•   February 18, 2017 6:08 PM MST

I am familiar with that Didge and once again I used it as an example awhile ago for something. Peter Principle is getting promoted to the level of your incompetence. But some folks' level of incompetence is on the ground floor. They already don't do their jobs well. What is it that allows for inept/incompetent/untalented people to attain higher office or a better position? Doofus Donny is a good example. He had the cajones to be a candidate for prez. What credentials did he have? Well he won BECAUSE he had none and that's apparently what the people wanted.  Uneducated/inexperienced/totally wrong on every level yet he is now POTUS! The worst case of cramming a square peg into a round hole I've ever seen and also the most dangerous. Whatever his talents are in business, they do not and will never translate well to running a country. Yet he is doing just that. What is wrong with people that they could do that to the world?  Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      February 19, 2017 2:51 AM MST

thats what ive wondered too
      February 18, 2017 9:21 PM MST