Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » WINE?????????

WINE?????????

so what's the big deal with wine? seems like over the last few years it's everywhere; people drink it in the movies, on TV, seems no occasion is complete without a damn glass of wine!!!

Welllllll  I for one never liked it........tried this one and that one, this flavor that flavor, and so on and so on.

my verdict?

PHOOEY......on all of it.

Now by all means enjoy it........but you wine lovers, PLEASE tell me why you love it so much???????????????

and the worst is all the FUSS and NONSENSE about 'bouquet'......'vintage'......where it's grown, and so on and boringly on and on.

again, WHO THE EFF CARES?

well you wine folk, I guess!!!

LOL

oh well, to each their own.....................

is this just a fad, this 'wine everywhere you  look' or a lasting thing.......will we be seeing this 10, 20 yrs. from now? folks sipping their wine in movies, tv, etc.???????

let me know, you wine lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted - February 19, 2017

Responses

You must remember where most of the TV and Movies are made.. California!  And California has a great wine industry too. What better way to keep the State going than advertise their own product.
      February 19, 2017 12:28 PM MST

• I agree. The 'this wine complements the subtle nuances of asphalt and Arabian prostitutes, together with a hint of snob and maedieval parchment that so accompanies the metaphysical acrobatics of your mac 'n' cheese ... didn't you get that? Oh poor your, you must have a peasant's palette..." attitude really gets on my tits. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2017 1:06 PM MST
      February 19, 2017 12:33 PM MST

• Wine is the juice of the millennials, along with flavored beers. I personally can't stand wine.
      February 19, 2017 12:39 PM MST

The masses have been told the juices are more good for you than the alcohol is bad.
      February 19, 2017 12:57 PM MST

• I'm a New Testament wine drinker: I never cast my wine before swine. 
      February 19, 2017 3:48 PM MST

Never wine with ham dear Didge?  I didn't know that was the rule! What am I going to serve now at Easter?
      February 19, 2017 4:58 PM MST

• Lager with white meat, pilsener with red.
      February 19, 2017 5:05 PM MST

My brewing buddies would be proud!  My Grandma on the other hand, would have your hide!!  Serving beer at Easter?!! HUMPH!!  Big giggles.  I'll keep that in mind this year.  ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at February 19, 2017 5:48 PM MST
      February 19, 2017 5:13 PM MST

no thanks, I cant drink cause of statins and benadryl
      February 19, 2017 9:39 PM MST