Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Orright, Where's The Teenagers?

Orright, Where's The Teenagers?

I met some great old folks on aMug yesterday, so now, how about the teens?
I mean, how ima learn about texting and stuff without the teens? 
Prolly get sad, no teens here on aMug?

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

• You know? I think I've seen one in the short time I've been on here. I actually enjoy it without any "Does he like me?' or "Could I be pregnant?"questions. Sorry Virginia. Maybe one of the long time members can tell you some.
      February 21, 2017 2:45 PM MST

• Oh, Rooster...I had almost forgotten about all that part of it...
      February 21, 2017 3:16 PM MST

• Are you suggesting us oldies don't know *stuff* :P  Oh and while you are there...  do you think I am attractive?  :P  I've enough trouble with my own teenage daughter.. lol I used to try to help teens elsewhere.. but lol guess what? Just like daughter they don't want to listen to us oldies with EXPERIENCE..  
    PS said daughter is in a strop right now..  I bought her a new aquarium for her goldfish, and I set it up, transferred the fish, and all she could do was grumble because I was IN her room!  I have also bought her a new fish tank... for her hamster cos she said that it keeps her awake chewing the bars.. hmm just listen to the whinging tomorrow when I have to be in her room again to set that tank up for her hamster....
      February 21, 2017 2:51 PM MST

• Whinging!!!
    DDBTD, by chance are you in Australia?

Yes I think you are attractive, however I am just NOT quite certain that particular shade of your black top coordinates just exactly right for the fashion statement you need to be making here...(LOL)

Well...you and Rooster have given me another perspective, plus some delightful fun...ty...

February 21, 2017 3:15 PM MST

• I am a Brit and this means that I am almost never serious, well unless I am saying how horrible Trump is.. we never take ourselves seriously, and we all have an opinion on everything...but we do it all with a stiff upper lip :P 

I know I have NO fashion sense, my daughter tells me so often, she says she hates everything I like :P

I love your posts... always different and always thought provoking. Does me good to take time out now and then from my busy schedule of bemoaning Trump's existence on this earth :P
      February 21, 2017 3:20 PM MST

• DDBTD, the stiff upper lip...I am still trying to figure out how Great Britain does it...

The seat of the industrial revolution, and whatever you may think about imperialism as such, that relatively small island, as the seat of such an empire?
    And what they accomplished in WWII, when theoretically "all was lost"...doubtless I feel sure fending Germany back from invading the USA...I posted this as a Q once on Blurt, and The Zee came up with the idea of Britain's great naval capabilities...

Well it is some upper lip you-all have over there!

Anyway, glad to know you!
      February 21, 2017 3:38 PM MST

• Aww I love how you put that.. WE think that lol, we are a teensy little blip of an island, but we have always thought we are better than we are... we punch way above our weight and for a while there it worked! But at a huge cost, to our own people too as back then, in Empire days most of the Brit people were poor and little more than slaves themselves.. but we made good soldiers and sailors. I think it's cos we do as we are told well ... mostly  :P  
    It's my thinking that the aristocrats who back then were in charge of the empire building and maintaining started realising that what they were doing was wrong, they began unravelling their grip, sure some fought for independence but we mostly didn't fight to hang on either. At the same time those aristos began being nicer and giving more freedom to the people.. educating children and treating them better...ordinary people began to have more a say... and I like to think that most of the ordinary people really thought the empire behaviour was wrong... We as a nation, if anything tend to be more fair, less discriminating... so my theory is.. it was those blooming aristocrats who were the baddies re Empire.. (that said we rarely just invaded - we often worked WITH locals who in many ways should take some responsibility for selling their own people out) 
    But all that said...I do still think it was all pretty impressive for a country the size of a pea. And we do still have much of that spirit... we do still think we are important on the world stage.. lol maybe it's only us who thinks so.. but we think it none-the-less :)
      February 21, 2017 4:17 PM MST

• Daydream, you Brits are too damned modest. Come to think of it, much ORIGINAL thinking in amost any field in the last 300 years has come from your "teensy litle blip of an island". I've spent my formative years (18 to 25) in your country, which went a long, long way in shaping my attitude to life. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 7:19 PM MST
      February 21, 2017 6:19 PM MST

• Oh DDBTD and Wisdom Tooth...such fascinating points you both are making...Barbara Tuchman in her book THE GUNS OF AUGUST talks about the British aristocracy just before WWI, and how some of them just de-camped from the ancestral view of their natural superiority - or maybe more accurately, the view that generations of authority bred into you the ability to command well...

Anyway, I am interested in how we humankind work, what makes us tick...appreciate your input, both of you!
      February 21, 2017 7:47 PM MST

• In grade 7 i learnt that living things respond to external stimuli. 
    Well, Virginial, you keep providing your great stimuli, and we shall heartily respond. Speaking for Daydream too, and i'm sure she won't mind.
      February 21, 2017 8:43 PM MST

• Oh DDBTD and Wisdom Tooth...such fascinating points you both are making...Barbara Tuchman in her book THE GUNS OF AUGUST talks about the British aristocracy just before WWI, and how some of them just de-camped from the ancestral view of their natural superiority - or maybe more accurately, the view that generations of authority bred into you the ability to command well...

Anyway, I am interested in how we humankind work, what makes us tick...appreciate your input, both of you!
      February 21, 2017 7:46 PM MST

• We inherited the word from the English, Virginia. We don't call 'em "English" though. They're Pommies. Somebody even recorded a song called "Willie the Whinging Pom".
      February 21, 2017 3:46 PM MST

• Yessssssssss but we are so goooooooooooooooood at whinging :P  We make it an art form!  
      February 21, 2017 4:09 PM MST

• It's a myth, Daydream. My own thought is that it started with the Scouse accent. To the antipodean ear, people from Liverpool sound as they're whining even when they're not. It's just an unfortunate tone.
      February 21, 2017 5:18 PM MST

• Oh I love that...whinging as an art form...Dozy ima go back and change my answer on your other Q, ima ask the fairies to make me the world's greatest artistic whinger...
      February 21, 2017 7:21 PM MST

Won't be that many, and those that eventually are here are/have been good blending in. Who said the youth as of today doesn't know how to act properly and responsible. I'm more worried about a few of our older peeps around. :-)
      February 21, 2017 3:16 PM MST

• Hi Sapphic Heart, good point about blending in...ty!
      February 21, 2017 3:19 PM MST

You're welcome. :-)
      February 21, 2017 3:21 PM MST

• Ah, bliss...
      February 21, 2017 3:46 PM MST

• These types of sites don't have as much draw for that demographic these days.
      February 21, 2017 5:04 PM MST

• Hmm... I think teens are more into other things lol ..
      February 21, 2017 5:12 PM MST

• I think I was one of few people on other sites liked conversing with the teens and giving them advice.... Cos I'm good with kids ... Or just immature :p 
      February 21, 2017 7:30 PM MST

• I don't know if there are many teenagers around here, but I find the younger folk a breath of fresh air. I had some very meaningful and enjoyable exchanges on AnswerBag with younger friends  from whom I've learnt so much; and I'm sure the same would hold for this forum. 

February 22, 2017 12:56 AM MST

• "Sitting on the couch, texting the teenager that is next to them."

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 25, 2017 4:54 PM MST
      February 22, 2017 1:11 AM MST