Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever felt so nervous of BECOMING nervous in front of someone?

Have you ever felt so nervous of BECOMING nervous in front of someone?

This thought is really holding me back... I have not even dated b/c of it. I am so afraid I'll get very nervous on a date, either my face will be beet red, or I'll feel spacey or something, and then just look so strange or like an idiot, turning someone off. I even have a fear of becoming nervous in front of other people like long lost friends.. I'm afraid that I'll become disoriented or something, even though I never really have (only heart palp)... any advice welcome..

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

• Only advice I have is if you're a female? Men are way more afraid of us then we are of them ;) 
      February 23, 2017 8:05 PM MST

Aww lol, thanks .... I am female. I guess my mind is in overdrive when it comes to someone liking me or dating... I think, what will they truly see, beyond the damage I feel I am (from abuse)... so then I think of that, and decline dates.. and I fear I'll think of everything I'm 'not' on a date, becoming sonervous that they'd be turned off , ugh I wish we couldn't get scared/nervous :(
      February 23, 2017 8:08 PM MST

• Truth is everyone's damaged in their own way .... Some are just better at hiding it then others . If a guy is on a date with you its cos he wants to be :) just focus on the moment and know he wants to be there.... Cos you're awesome! And don't think about anything else ... Cos I said so :) 
      February 23, 2017 8:12 PM MST

*huggg Thanks J!! :)
      February 23, 2017 11:51 PM MST

• You know, there's nothing wrong with any of those things. It's ok to be nervous or shy, or even looking strange or like an idiot. The person who likes you is going to like you because of those things and not despite of them.
    You know what I mean?
      February 23, 2017 9:31 PM MST

Aww thank you. I do know what you mean, it's just I fear it so much that its' like, 'oh when is the fear coming?' ...as in either a heart palpitation or red face etc. :/  I guess I have to follow a Chinese fortune I once saw, and really DO what it says, 'Do not be afraid of fear'..I REALLY want to have a close relationship one day and I don't want this in the way anymore.. Thanks again L.
      February 23, 2017 11:54 PM MST