Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Has every device you used to tote around from media players and calculators to sound recorders and flashlights now been reduced to an app?

Has every device you used to tote around from media players and calculators to sound recorders and flashlights now been reduced to an app?

The smart phone, a modern day Swiss knife :)

Posted - February 26, 2017

Responses

You know the song Our Love Is Here To Stay? "The radio and the telephone and the movies that we know, may just be passing fancies and in time will go." They didn't go, they just shrunk them and put them all together on one device! That said, I don't think a mobile phone is an adequate replacement for a proper flashlight.
      February 27, 2017 4:26 AM MST

The flashlight apps are pretty bright. Some use the display screen itself.
      February 27, 2017 7:23 AM MST

No, I only use my phone to surf the internet during lunch and play music in my car with bluetooth or whatever it's called. I just don't like toting it around all the time. I like to keep him safe in his little cozy pouch.
      February 27, 2017 6:22 AM MST

It seems that way.  My smartphone and my car key is all I need to carry and I'm sure the car key is just a matter of time (and may already have an app that I don't know about).
      February 27, 2017 6:35 AM MST

seems like it
      February 27, 2017 9:55 AM MST

I'm not an app kind of gal.
      February 27, 2017 11:40 AM MST