Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you believe that no matter what you do things work out as they are supposed to? That means our lives our planned by another hand, right?

Do you believe that no matter what you do things work out as they are supposed to? That means our lives our planned by another hand, right?

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

• I steadfastly deny intention in the universe.
      February 28, 2017 9:12 AM MST

It is impossible for me to understand how all of this from The Big Bang to now could be due to happenstance. Of course I also realize that if, as some think, it is all illusion and we are manufacturing it so we can deal with our existence maybe it is. The assertion that thousands of years ago man could do things we cannot replicate today is mind-boggling to me. That some great intelligence that we used to have we no longer do. Too complicated and too many variables for me to get a handle on it. So I vacillate trying to figure it out. Of course I never will. Thank you for your reply whistle and Happy Wednesday! :)
      March 1, 2017 4:30 AM MST

• Yes and no.  I believe that often things work out much differently than we'd hoped but it turns out for the better but to a degree we are in control of how many things work out.  Yes I do believe in a higher power and she has a sense of humour.
      February 28, 2017 10:01 PM MST

Hah! Good one Yogafan! Thank you for your reply m'dear! You know appropos of this I remember reading something many years ago that I keep thinking about. I'm going to run it by you and see what you think. "No matter what we say we want or think we want we get what we wanted, really wanted, in the end." I may be  paraphrasing it but that's the gist of it. Now what do you think about that? Our decisions/choices lead us to different places in life. Those places might not be what we consciously thought we wanted but maybe subconsciously they were?  Am I living the exact life I was meant to live? Am I where  I should be and with whom?  Will I ever know? :)
      March 1, 2017 3:33 AM MST

• I'm not sure that I believe that we all get what we really wanted in the end.  It's an interesting way of looking at things though.

Our decisions do lead us to different places in our lives I agree and most of the time it works out well but to some extent I think we all have regrets about some of the paths we've taken.
      March 7, 2017 9:46 PM MST

• People swept away by a tsunami, or have had their homes destroyed by a hurricane probably do not find things have turned out for the better.   Only pathologically twisted higher powers would find humor in these situations and many similar situations in which people suffer.  The universe does not and cannot care about us.  No one is listening.
      March 1, 2017 7:31 PM MST

• I did NOT say that God finds humour in tragedy. We all have a sense of humour to some degree but that does not mean we do not grieve. do not feel intense sadness when we hear of things like a tsunami.

I don't have all the answers as to why these dreadful things happen but that's where faith carries us through.
      March 7, 2017 9:41 PM MST

• Yes,  "humor" was misused by me.  My point hold though.  Faith can be mistaken and misplaced. What plan worked out for the tsunami victims? Events may happen casually but with no  intention.  I see very little to no reason to suppose the in intention, guidance o purpose to the universe and the events which take place in it. 
      March 8, 2017 8:36 AM MST

Do you believe that no matter what you do things work out as they are supposed to? That means our lives our planned by another hand, right?

=======================================================================================

It depends on who the “you” is and what the “things” are. For example, I do firmly believe that no matter what I or an ordinary Russian did the US elections would have worked out as they did. Substitute “I” with Putin and it becomes the subject of debate and investigation.

I also do firmly believe that no matter what I or any ordinary person do, natural phenomena like the weather, volcanic activity and even what our own stomachs do with what we’ve eaten will work out as they are supposed to according to the laws of nature.

And yes, there are many and very significant factors of our own lives that are either not planned by ourselves or take a different course than the one we intended. None of us planned to be born in the century, ethnic group, geographic location, social status or wealth/poverty levels that we were born in. None of us knows for sure and in detail what we’ll experience tomorrow.

March 30, 2017 10:25 AM MDT