Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever been totally wrong giving your S.O. a gift?

Have you ever been totally wrong giving your S.O. a gift?

I met Mrs Didge a few weeks before her birthday and give her a very beautiful powder compact, resplendent with ballerinas dancing. I didn't yet know that she didn't use make-up. She was kind enough to accept it without destroying my pleasure in giving it to her and still has it. 

Have you ever stuffed up completely? 

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

• Nah, I always kinda perfect...
    And I really don't think your gift was a stuff-up, quite a compliment, saying she so pretty it looks like she wears make-up!
      February 28, 2017 4:07 PM MST

• I was just young and green, Virginia. It was kind of classy which probably got me out of trouble, and she still has it. 
      February 28, 2017 4:14 PM MST

• People collect those powder compacts now, Mrs Didge's compact could be worth a pretty penny.
      February 28, 2017 9:45 PM MST

• You're awesome in a lot of ways, WW. :)
      February 28, 2017 4:15 PM MST

• See, my wife and I have the perfect system. She picks out her gift and I pay for it and vice versa. It hasn't failed us yet!
      February 28, 2017 4:16 PM MST

• We have a similar system. My birthday is early in the month, hers is 8 days later. So she give me $10 for my birthday and a wee later I give her $5 back. We both get $5 and it doesn't cost me a cracker. I'm cheap like that. 
      February 28, 2017 4:19 PM MST

• Lol, I love it! I don't think I'd get away with that one though.
      February 28, 2017 4:23 PM MST

She's dead to me and has been for a long, long time.
      February 28, 2017 4:20 PM MST

• Sorry to hear that, Zack.
      February 28, 2017 4:25 PM MST

I know WingedWonder. That's something you never had to say.
      February 28, 2017 4:31 PM MST

That's right. Right on the lips there buddy.
      February 28, 2017 4:42 PM MST

• Mines not dead Zack, just a pain in the ass!
      February 28, 2017 5:28 PM MST

The same here, but dead nonetheless.
      February 28, 2017 5:29 PM MST

• If it came from my significant other...it could never be wrong, I'd cherish it regardless.
      February 28, 2017 5:59 PM MST

• That's really nice, Angela. 
      February 28, 2017 8:00 PM MST

• ima thinking yours is the definitive answer here, Angela!
      February 28, 2017 9:44 PM MST

• Thanks!
      March 1, 2017 6:15 AM MST

• No I don't think I have... But I have been given stupid gifts by a significant other... In my twenties was given " frying pans" ... Wtf? But that was  one I've mentioned  on blurt-it few times ... and I ended up throwing his guitars off balcony of apartment we lived in .....along  with rest of his stuff ... I most likely threw the stupid frying pans off balcony also.  I'm much calmer now, kinda. 
      February 28, 2017 6:24 PM MST

• That didn't work out so well ... buta big ouch! on behalf of the guitars. 
      February 28, 2017 8:01 PM MST

• You must be talking about that Purple Martin birdhouse thing on a pole I gave my husband two years ago for Christmas after I heard him talking about how he loved watching them.  It's still in the box in the garage.
      February 28, 2017 9:39 PM MST

• I heard about a man who gave his wife a cemetery plot. She was incensed. The following year he gave her nothing and when she complained he said, "Well, you haven't used last year's gift, yet." 
      February 28, 2017 9:57 PM MST

Every gift I've given my man is still lying around somewhere. He won't tell me for fear of hurting my feelings, but I've gotten the drift now that I see most of my gifties being unused. He is an amazing gift giver. Especially jewelry. He's got great taste. My friends hubby was horrible he gave her a cross that had Jesus dying on it. Really? Maybe it's a Catholic thing?
      March 1, 2017 7:41 AM MST

• It's funny how one bad choice never gets forgotten. About 40 years ago my now deceased father came home from work one evening and presented my mother with a bunch of flowers which were for some reason - I forget why - wrapped in newspaper. She said something about the newspaper. He never bought her flowers ever again.
    This is the same man who 'propsed' to my mother by asking her if she made a decent steak and kidney pudding. 
      March 2, 2017 5:56 AM MST

• D0 you?

March 2, 2017 8:35 AM MST