Active Now

Randy D
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Are you a WHAT IF person or are you comfier when the subject is reality/truth/possibility? Why?

Are you a WHAT IF person or are you comfier when the subject is reality/truth/possibility? Why?

Posted - March 1, 2017

Responses

Good morning Rosie.

For me, WHAT IFs is very detrimental to my mental health.  It serve no constructive purpose in my life and keeps me from getting things accomplished that I need to get done. 
      March 1, 2017 5:40 AM MST

Really? That is very surprising to me Harry. WHAT IF everyone could get along with one another? WHAT IF there were no hate? WHAT IF people would work together rather than against one another? I like to think in those terms and see where the WHAT IF could lead us. You don't. No worries. I have always found WHAT IF exciting, encouraging,uplifting and hopeful. It leads to conclusions of what might have been and that is where learning takes place and change  and creativity too maybe. I speak for me alone. So I won't expect to see you on any of my WHAT IF questions. It's ok. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :) I have a good internet friend who refuses to answer WHAT IF questions. They simply are not his cuppa tea. As a child my favorite literary genre was fairy tales. As an adult it is Science Fiction. All about WHAT IFS. So do you enjoy movies like Star Trek or Star Wars? They are all based on WHAT IF. Oh well.  It is what it is m'dear.:)
      March 1, 2017 5:50 AM MST

LOL.  Rosie, I didn't say I don't do it.  I am currently learning how to shut it off.  I get too caught up in my mind when I do that and can't get anything accomplished.  As I have aged, it has become a big obstruction for me along with "I never used to do this." 
      March 1, 2017 5:58 AM MST

Apologies.  Shut it off? I just shuddered. I would never do that personally. But thanks for correcting my misunderstanding Harry. I appreciate it! :) I'm 79 and I WHAT IF all the time. But I always did. Nothing has changed except that in retirement I have a lot more time to indulge in it! :)
      March 1, 2017 6:02 AM MST

depends on whats going on at the time
      March 1, 2017 9:36 PM MST