Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Are you a SCIFI/FANTASY fan or is reality your cuppa tea? What about SCIFI movies? Nothing of interest to you there?

Are you a SCIFI/FANTASY fan or is reality your cuppa tea? What about SCIFI movies? Nothing of interest to you there?

Posted - March 1, 2017

Responses

Among other genres, I have loved SciFi/Fantasy since I was a kid.  I was/am a big Heinlein, Asimov, Tolkien fan (among others).  Love books & movies. 
      March 1, 2017 6:13 AM MST

Nifty! They take you to a galaxy far far away! Thank you for your reply Harry!  :)
      March 1, 2017 6:37 AM MST

I have read everything Heinlein and Asimov ever wrote.
      March 1, 2017 8:16 AM MST

• Sci-Fi and Fantasy top the list of my favorite genres. My love of Sci-Fi is apparent in my addiction of all Starwars movies as well as the tv shows Stargate and Battlestar Galactica. My adoration of Fantasy is clear with my many many hours of playing the video games The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and The Elder Scrolls Online. Coincidentally, I just started playing Skyrim once again. FUS RO DAH!!
      March 1, 2017 7:33 AM MST

Hot DAWG Corey! We have that in common although I'm not video game knowledgeable!! Thank you for your nifty reply and the detail you provided. I like that extra background information a lot! Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      March 1, 2017 7:57 AM MST

• Hi, Rosie!!!! I may or may not be hyped up on Mountain Dew right now! Ccccan you tell!? If ever you decide to try a video game, Skyrim is the one! Great characters, beautiful scenery, large free-roam map, dragons!!! Who doesn't like dragons!! I think I'm falling in love again! :D
      March 1, 2017 9:05 AM MST

I don't know how old you are Corey but my son (now 51) used to play Dungeons and Dragons with his friends when they were in their early teens. They were really hooked on it. I don't know if it still exists today though. I remember there was so much hack and slay involved I asked my son if he could design a dungeon where only good things happened. He said he'd try. After a couple of days he said it couldn't be done. The purpose of the game is to advance by defeating the bad guys. If there are no  bad guys nothing happens. Thank you for your reply m'dear!  OK. I will write down  Skyrim! I keep a small notepad by the computer that's reserved for such things so I don't forget about them! I just wrote down "per Corey try the Skyrim video game". Will let you know if/when that happens! :)
      March 2, 2017 5:17 AM MST

• I'm 27 just as an FYI. Yeah, Skyrim is the same way as D&D. SPOILER ALERT It's about defeating a terrible dragon called Alduin, also nicknamed World Eater, who is bent on the destruction of the kingdom of Skyrim. Throughout the game you have to save towns and cities from being destroyed by Alduin's dragon followers. Typically, to do that you have to kill the dragons. The closest you'll get to a non-violent video game is probably EA's simulation games like The Sims. They are fun games as well. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 2, 2017 10:11 AM MST
      March 2, 2017 10:06 AM MST

Cool. Thank you for replying with such helpful information Corey. I really appreciate it. You could have ignored me but you didn't! You  are a kindly and very good person! :)
      March 2, 2017 10:09 AM MST

• Well thanks, Rosie. I appreciate the complement. :D
      March 2, 2017 10:12 AM MST

You're welcome. I calls 'em as I sees 'em! :)
      March 2, 2017 10:15 AM MST

Cool. Thank you for replying with such helpful information Corey. I really appreciate it. You could have ignored me but you didn't! You  are a kindly and very good person! :)
      March 2, 2017 10:09 AM MST

I love scifi...both reading and movies/tv shows.
      March 1, 2017 8:18 AM MST

Cool m'dear! Me too! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday Ele. That's also why I love quantum physics. They are intimately connected. I have NO scientific background at all but there are many quantum physicists who write books for people just like me. I don't understand everything I read of course but I get enough out of itto remain fascinated!
      March 2, 2017 5:20 AM MST

• Dear RosieG,

I have always loved sci fi and fantasy...also, however, history and documentaries...

This from my god daughter, when she was eight years old.
    The man here is Jesus, all coming together in her own wonderful version of reality!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 2, 2017 10:14 AM MST
      March 1, 2017 8:25 AM MST

• Well hot dog. She draws quite well!
      March 1, 2017 9:07 AM MST

• Hi Corey!
    Yes, I could go on and on how wonderful this girl is...good thing I was never a real parent, I guess!
      March 1, 2017 11:05 AM MST

Wow! I would gladly put that up on my wall. It is quite  beautiful! She was how old again? Literally takes my breath away Virginia. Of course unicorns are known for their goodness and purity and rarity. So it makes sense that one would be coupled with Jesus. Thank you for sharing that with us. I am deeply touched. I bet you are a Ken Burns fan then! Aren't his specials special? Jim and I love movies that are based on real people. We often watch Turner Classic Movies and when the movie is based on a real person I always look it up the next day to see how close to reality the movie was.  The most memorable ones are usually based on real people. Happy Thursday m'dear! :)
      March 2, 2017 5:24 AM MST

• Yes, RosieG, indeed I have much enjoyed Ken Burns specials...
    You DO understand about the drawing...the coupling makes sense to you...the wonders of her little life, she was only eight.
    And I wish you a wonderful day, also!
      March 2, 2017 8:03 AM MST

I do. Thank you Virginia! :)
      March 2, 2017 12:09 PM MST

• WW, this little girl was labelled as "troubled," (yes at age eight) and then she draws a picture like this - rainbows, sunshine...well ... she had a difficult start in life, but what a wonderful potential was showing through! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 2, 2017 11:00 AM MST
      March 2, 2017 10:55 AM MST

• I enjoy it alright. I'd say it's not my favorite genre, but I love certain sci-fi anime, as well as certain fantasy novels, like A Song of Ice and Fire and Lord of the Rings
      March 1, 2017 11:16 AM MST

I've not heard of "A Song of Ice and Fire" NB but I also enjoyed Lord of the Rings! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      March 2, 2017 5:25 AM MST

The genre is ok. I'm just not a hardcore follower like some other people.
      March 2, 2017 10:11 AM MST